Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

48 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

Did anyone see Clyde yesterday?

Ahem...David Goodwillie looked top drawer and his goal a thing of beauty.  Yes he is a bit rapey but we are in need of a decent striker!!!!!

Stay off the cooking sherry, Tom.

The cnut shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a football pitch , let alone ours.
We are a family and child friendly club and I want to see us stay that way. And I am confident that's the way the Chairman and Bod view things too.
I cannot think of any scenario where that would be put at risk.

On 7/27/2018 at 11:01 AM, St.Ricky said:

I would consider Dobbie,  Shankland and McAllister. 

Let's see: Dobbie  Pro's:  would be he is a very good player.     Con's: think he's still searching for his 'precious' ring and he is playing for 'his' team we wouldn't have liked it if someone tried to pinch Thommo.

Shankland:  Pro's:  at the moment he is doing very well.             Con's; all it needs to turn to shi* for him ... is for him to sign for St Mirren, sometimes players and clubs just don';t gel

McAllister;  He was my headmaster 50 odd years ago, far to old and probably deid  :)

16 minutes ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

Chris was excellent at Well after Hibs went to PNE my favourite English club where we was kinda in and out.Would think he would be a useful signing he is an orthodox right winger.

114 appearances for Preston in 3 seasons , almost a regular ? Hit the ground running at Hibs after that,  then picked up quite a bad injury. Definitely a maybe !

4 hours ago, turrabuddie said:

We are a family and child friendly club and I want to see us stay that way. And I am confident that's the way the Chairman and Bod view things too.
I cannot think of any scenario where that would be put at risk.

Hmm.. but they kicked the families and children out of their stand to accommodate sectarian, bigoted money so...?

10 hours ago, munoz said:

The cnut shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a football pitch , let alone ours.

He came up in one of the tell him he's Pele podcasts and they asked a Clyde player if he had any issues playing with him. The lad said after hearing his side of the story he didn't. 

If he did what he is accused of then I totally agree with you though. 

32 minutes ago, John Gotti said:

He came up in one of the tell him he's Pele podcasts and they asked a Clyde player if he had any issues playing with him. The lad said after hearing his side of the story he didn't. 

If he did what he is accused of then I totally agree with you though. 

Thankfully it's Alan Stubbs thats in charge so none of this hearsay will ever matter.

Edited by munoz

Do you happen to know who the trialist are. Chris Humphrey is supposedly on trial and a "Spanish winger" do you know his name and who the third one is

mmm

Humphrey is both proven at this level and is currently playing English non league football.

The fannies on this forum will have a hard time getting their heads round that one! [emoji23]

mmm

Humphrey is both proven at this level and is currently playing English non league football.

The fannies on this forum will have a hard time getting their heads round that one! [emoji23]

Well, if you can manage it......

2 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

mmm

The fannies on this forum will have a hard time getting their heads round that one! emoji23.png

He's not currently playing any football, he's a free agent.

I'm imagining any trial is purely to prove fitness rather than ability which we know he was. He played very little football last season and it looks like it was through injury.

41 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

He's not currently playing any football, he's a free agent.

I'm imagining any trial is purely to prove fitness rather than ability which we know he was. He played very little football last season and it looks like it was through injury.

That looks like our usual intake. :whistle

50 minutes ago, Jack the lad said:

How many wingers and midfielders do we want in this team, any chance we can get someone who can stick it in the net frequently?

We don't have many wingers in the squad. Flynn perhaps, who isn't quick. We need a natural wide player. Humphrey and Mikey Johnston are both exactly that. 

1 hour ago, Jack the lad said:

How many wingers and midfielders do we want in this team, any chance we can get someone who can stick it in the net frequently?

We are severely lacking in pace at the moment.

A winger/forward with pace is an equally important acquisition as a goal scoring forward would be, otherwise we will have no "out"ball to take the pressure off the defence and we will be pegged back by other teams, as has been pointed out earlier in the thread.

You would have noticed, or maybe you didn't , just how important Lewis Morgan was to us last year, not just because of his goals, but because of his ability to put pressure on other teams and to make them defend and to put us on the offensive.

Any chance that you could show a bit of patience?<_<

Edited by FTOF