Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

25 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I heard it was nearer £2.25 million and Scott Allan!

Brill so we have off  loaded a guy who could not cut in the Championship but was a success at League One, to sign .......................... a guy who could not cut in the Championship but was a success at League One:lol:

1 hour ago, Jack the lad said:

Like those that he has publicly said are lacking fitness and are not up to speed. Jezzo do some folk not listen to and read things that the club put out into the media?

Do you believe everthing you hear and read on the media. :unsure:  Marquee signings.

35 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

I'm sure I heard it would take at least £500.000 to prise him away from Somerset, we must be awash with cash!!!

You've been reading Bazil on here. We got around £300k for last season's player of the year in the championship. £100k would swing it.

Cowie would help to balance the squad. Experienced, and has played at a decent level. If fit and motivated (and not costing the earth) he would be a decent acquisition. His age isn't a huge issue - remember Tam Turner and Andy Milne (among others)? They did okay for us in the latter stages of their careers.

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

That's very evident given the uninformed drivel that you posted.

Humphrey had an op on his shin not long after he joined PNE from Hearts. Unfortunately it hasn't healed properly, which has impacted on his general fitness and his subsequent less than stellar performances in the past few seasons.

Consider yourself informed.:wink:

As far as I am aware, we haven't knowingly given any players a contract, with that type of fitness problem.

Think someones having a bad day in the office.

3 minutes ago, Drew said:

Cowie would help to balance the squad. Experienced, and has played at a decent level. If fit and motivated (and not costing the earth) he would be a decent acquisition. His age isn't a huge issue - remember Tam Turner and Andy Milne (among others)? They did okay for us in the latter stages of their careers.

Remember Alves, Toure , Rankin a nd loads of others. Cowie was crap last year, age will not have improved him 

4 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Remember Alves, Toure , Rankin a nd loads of others. Cowie was crap last year, age will not have improved him 

According to whom?

The majority of the hearts fans comments that I looked at weren't of that opinion.

I wouldn't exactly be overjoyed if we signed Cowie, but I could see the reasons why.

21 minutes ago, Soctty said:

You've been reading Bazil on here. We got around £300k for last season's player of the year in the championship. £100k would swing it.

Pretty sure that the owner of Ayr is a somewhat wealthy American and the club is a bit of a pet project for him. 

No need for them to sell if that's the case unless they get a daft offer. I'd consider a daft offer to be somewhere north of £150k but it depends what Ayr think.  

3 minutes ago, Maboza said:

Pretty sure that the owner of Ayr is a somewhat wealthy American and the club is a bit of a pet project for him. 

No need for them to sell if that's the case unless they get a daft offer. I'd consider a daft offer to be somewhere north of £150k but it depends what Ayr think.  

There could be a release clause in his contract, however....

2 minutes ago, Maboza said:

On the other hand, if Shankland has his head turned by a move to the Premiership, it'd be silly for the club to try to keep him as who knows how he'd perform next season. Get the cash in now and reinvest in the team. Even wealthy people know the value of a good deal, and losing a player for nothing when you could get £100k for him now is not a good deal. All academice until someone makes a bid I suppose.

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

I see that one of our discarded trialists from the Sunderland thrashing, Adil Nabi, who Dundee had jettisoned, but took back for another look, has signed a six month deal with them.

To be fair, he got less than 10 minutes when we were already 5 zip down, so we'll never know if he was any good.

21 minutes ago, Drew said:

Surely we would be doing well to get much more than £20 - 30K for Stewart (no disrespect to the player)?

I doubt that would add much in terms of a fee or sign-on sweetener for a player.

I reckon £50k max, but anything we get - on top of Stewart's wage off the wage bill - would be a bonus to be added to a fee or to wages for someone else. I'm sceptical that we're in for Shankland, but if we are, even £30k could be the extra cash needed to turn Ayr's head. Time will tell I guess, but Stubbs surely wouldn't have sold him if he didn't think it would be beneficial to him.

22 minutes ago, FTOF said:

According to whom?

The majority of the hearts fans comments that I looked at weren't of that opinion.

I wouldn't exactly be overjoyed if we signed Cowie, but I could see the reasons why.

Smacks of desperation to me, and certainly will not give the step up Alan has promised

5 minutes ago, Soctty said:

I reckon £50k max, but anything we get - on top of Stewart's wage off the wage bill - would be a bonus to be added to a fee or to wages for someone else. I'm sceptical that we're in for Shankland, but if we are, even £30k could be the extra cash needed to turn Ayr's head. Time will tell I guess, but Stubbs surely wouldn't have sold him if he didn't think it would be beneficial to him.

I would be genuinely flabbergasted if we were in the running to sign Shankland.

His stock is very high, and numerous clubs are on the hunt for a prolific goal scorer (including bigger clubs that would be willing to take a punt on the basis that he is not really proven above Championship level).

Know what, I wouldn't even be entirely surprised if Aberdeen are considering bringing him back.

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 3:08 PM, Julian Banjos said:

Adil Nabi, one of Saturday's trialists, played a friendly for Dundee earlier in pre-season and is back training with them again today. McCann is having a very good look at him.

Might be playing against us in the first game of the season! 

Nabi has indeed signed for Dundee now. 6 month deal. 

44 minutes ago, Soctty said:

This is Ayr we are talking about- They interbreed - They will want £100000 +0 as they are all cross eyed