Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

6 hours ago, Stevie88 said:

Would like to see us enquiring about taking Scott Wright on loan from Aberdeen. He’s now 21 & playing regularly will definitely help his development.

Agreed but we aren't allowed to take two players on loan from a club if we play in the same division. 

So that's a non starter unfortunately. 

6 minutes ago, Big Yards said:

200k Stevie May to play alongside Brock-Madsen, go on it’ll keep us in the division and gain us a lot more than what we spend 

Stevie May couldn't hit a coo on the arse with a banjo IMO.

He scored 5 goals for Aberdeen last season.

Danny Mullen has nearly achieved half of that in one game.

I'd rather stick with Mullen and save the £200K.

4 minutes ago, smcc said:

He is not exactly a prolific goalscorer.

To be fair he scored seven goals in the Eredivisie, which is arguably a higher level than we're currently at.

Maybe he just hasn't found the right team yet.

He'll be the new Mark Yardley.

With not as fat an arse hopefully.:lol:

I think we need to be realistic with our targets. We sadly are a lower end SPL club whose wage structure will not get top end quality. So far we are losing targets all over the place. As mentioned already thd loan market may prove better once the deadline passes for example Coulson. 

5 minutes ago, FTOF said:

To be fair he scored seven goals in the Eredivisie, which is arguably a higher level than we're currently at.

Maybe he just hasn't found the right team yet.

He'll be the new Mark Yardley.

With not as fat an arse hopefully.:lol:

The club can’t win in these situations. Fans moan about signing English non league standard players.

Now they moan about a player coming in from the championship before he’s kicked a ball. :lol:

2 hours ago, FTOF said:

Stevie May couldn't hit a coo on the arse with a banjo IMO.

He scored 5 goals for Aberdeen last season.

Danny Mullen has nearly achieved half of that in one game.

I'd rather stick with Mullen and save the £200K.

He’s an international who almost single handsdly won the Scottish cup for st Johnstone. I think he would fit in ok

7 minutes ago, Big Yards said:

He’s an international who almost single handsdly won the Scottish cup for st Johnstone. I think he would fit in ok

If May get's back to a regular game somewhere I'm sure he'll do the business again.

3 hours ago, Ethan said:

I think we need to be realistic with our targets. We sadly are a lower end SPL club whose wage structure will not get top end quality. So far we are losing targets all over the place. As mentioned already thd loan market may prove better once the deadline passes for example Coulson. 

Are we?:blink:

1 hour ago, Big Yards said:

Mo Camara was an international.:ph34r:

Stevie May's achievements are all in the past and he hasn't kicked on from there.

I thought he do well for Aberdeen after failing to live up to expectations at PNE.

The Aberdeen fans don't rate him and neither does McInnes by the looks of it, given that he regularly plays a centre forward instead, that hasn't scored a goal for them yet!

Maybe a new club could see an upturn in his fortunes, but for me £200K is way too much to take that chance.

Stevie bloody May!
First people thought we had £100,000’s to spend on Shankland, now this. Why would May leave the 2nd best team in the league and come to a newly promoted team? Why would Aberdeen let him? How could we afford his wages which are most likely double (or more) our top earner?

Some people live a fantasy.