Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

3 minutes ago, Drew said:

Aye, it was tongue in cheek. Polworth looks a good player, so would be happy if this one materialises.

I still have a lot of time for McShane, and if he does leave, he goes with my best wishes.

Agreed. I too like McShane but he's always going to find fist team opportunities hard to come by this season. Especially since you can argue that the middle of the park is our strongest area. 

Think Polworth would bring something slightly different too. As FTOF pointed out, his assists total last season was ridiculous for a club who struggled for large parts of the season. 

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Agreed. I too like McShane but he's always going to find fist team opportunities hard to come by this season. Especially since you can argue that the middle of the park is our strongest area. 

Think Polworth would bring something slightly different too. As FTOF pointed out, his assists total last season was ridiculous for a club who struggled for large parts of the season. 

Interestingly, McShane's assist total for us in the season before last was pretty impressive whilst in a not dissimilar position.  I agree, though, that he is likely to be a squad player and not competing for a starting 11 place, so probably best if he moves on now.

From what I am reading, there has been nothing to firm up the Polworth story, so I won't be holding my breath on that one.  A few too many false dawns this summer suggest that caution is best applied.

5 hours ago, Transfer news said:

Darren Lyon mutually terminated his contract with Hamilton the other day. He can play right back and if Paul McGinn gets injured nobody is there to replace him. Could do a job as a back up for both McGinn brothers as he can play centre midfielder aswell

Just a shame he is pish, if he was any way good then Hamilton won't be freeing him.

11 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

I was there with my grandson and had no problems. 

Lucky you

I was there with my daughter.....the bottle thrown from the Rangers support as they celebrated their first goal just missed my daughter and hit the wee girl standing two seats away in the row behind.

14 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

Lucky you

I was there with my daughter.....the bottle thrown from the Rangers support as they celebrated their first goal just missed my daughter and hit the wee girl standing two seats away in the row behind.

Shocking.

As for Ricky's crass post....

1 minute ago, Wendy Saintss said:

I wasn’t there and had no problems.

Those that went shouldn’t complain.

If everyone boycotted these games then the Old Firm would end.

I await the usual Old Firm apologists to abuse me.

They have a lot in common with Old Firm fans.

Don't include me in that definition. 

I would not set foot in that rat infested cesspit Ibrox. They are without doubt the worst set of fans in Scotland. I take my hat off to any saints fans that do go to support the club in games at Ibrox, but I gave up going there due to the constant abuse  and the intimidation inside and outside of the ground.

The truth is they’re a horrible institution, run by and supported by sectarian bile. They attract the absolute dregs of society but the Scottish media choose to ignore this for some reason. 

The police and the stewards turn a blind eye to all that goes on at Ibrox so I refuse to go. 

1 minute ago, class of 76-77 said:

I would not set foot in that rat infested cesspit Ibrox. They are without doubt the worst set of fans in Scotland. I take my hat off to any saints fans that do go to support the club in games at Ibrox, but I gave up going there due to the constant abuse  and the intimidation inside and outside of the ground.

The truth is they’re a horrible institution, run by and supported by sectarian bile. They attract the absolute dregs of society but the Scottish media choose to ignore this for some reason. 

The police and the stewards turn a blind eye to all that goes on at Ibrox so I refuse to go. 

My thoughts exactly. Will not set foot in Ibrox or Parkhead, with Ibrox being a bit more depressing than Parkhead.

I go to the football to watch the game. Being forced to wait 15 minutes after the final whistle and listening to moronic chants isn’t my idea of a fun day out.