Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

7 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

My thoughts exactly. Will not set foot in Ibrox or Parkhead, with Ibrox being a bit more depressing than Parkhead.

I go to the football to watch the game. Being forced to wait 15 minutes after the final whistle and listening to moronic chants isn’t my idea of a fun day out.

I just wouldn’t subject my son to the kind of shit I’ve had to put up with while supposedly watching a football match at Ibrox.  It’s  an atmosphere of poison and intimidation from start to finish. They throw coins lighters and pretty much anything at you from the tier above, they spit at you inside and outside of the stadium, they threaten you while making your way back to the car. No thanks I’ll never set foot in that shitehole again.

Edited by class of 76-77

2 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

I wasn’t there and had no problems.

Those that went shouldn’t complain.

If everyone boycotted these games then the Old Firm would end.
I await the usual Old Firm apologists to abuse me.

They have a lot in common with Old Firm fans.

They would not even notice if we did not turn up. In fact they would be delighted. They could squeeze more bigots in.

When does the window shut, and does it apply to cross-border loans (as this seems to be our thing this year)?

31st August it closes for us we can still get loans up until then.

We are looking more at loans this year as the manager wasn’t in place in time to get the better players that would be available on pre contracts or earlier in the transfer window they would of been snapped up quickly.

40 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

31st August it closes for us we can still get loans up until then.

We are looking more at loans this year as the manager wasn’t in place in time to get the better players that would be available on pre contracts or earlier in the transfer window they would of been snapped up quickly.

Have! WOULD HAVE! Sorry. I don't very often call someone out as far as written English is concerned but, for God's sake...…………………………..

2 hours ago, RossCSmfc said:

When does the window shut, and does it apply to cross-border loans (as this seems to be our thing this year)?

window in England being closed is only applicable to internal (english) transfers, Scotland Ireland and Europe are fine until each areas respective window deadline

13 hours ago, Drew said:

Shocking.

As for Ricky's crass post....

What do you want me to do? 

Make up a story that we had problems when we didn't? 

I certainly don't think that what was described is in any way acceptable. 

For the record it has been many years since I went to Ibrox and the first time for my 18 year old grandson. 

My impression was that the club appears to be trying to move the crowd into a new song book. 

The crowd was noisier than I remember, clearly confident in their new manager and team. 

We had no issues walking to and from the ground but I wont be back. 

There is still an air of hostility and arrogance that doesn't appeal and sufficient evidence of bigotry remaining to put me off. 

3 minutes ago, spankin_panda said:

So...... back on topic.

Is it fair to assume that 'this is it'? with regards to the squad? 

If so, we seem short another striker, central defender and winger..... Recruitment so far has been fairly underwhelming. 

No.

Another 3-5 will be in by the close of the window.

Just now, djchapsticks said:

No.

Another 3-5 will be in by the close of the window.

Is this an assumption or do you know  something more? Just curious.....

Coz what we have does not install any confidence thus far.... look like we will leak goals thorough the centre backs, which is a shame as we do have a few decent players, just not enough depth.