Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

1 minute ago, spankin_panda said:

Is this an assumption or do you know  something more? Just curious.....

Coz what we have does not install any confidence thus far.... look like we will leak goals thorough the centre backs, which is a shame as we do have a few decent players, just not enough depth. 

Stubbs said as much on Sportsound on Friday.

3 hours ago, stlucifer said:
3 hours ago, jaybee said:

For goodness sake surely?  Blasphemy tch tch B) 

Only if you believe there is a deity. Otherwise it's just an expression to add force to my exasperation.

I was simply trying to make a point in a humorous manner. I myself don't believe in deities, however it does not mean I would belittle other peoples belief structures just to make my point more forcefully. 

6 hours ago, jaybee said:

I was simply trying to make a point in a humorous manner. I myself don't believe in deities, however it does not mean I would belittle other peoples belief structures just to make my point more forcefully. 

:rolleyes: Am I the whoosher or the whooshee here?

Edited by stlucifer

29 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

He has been training with livvy for a couple of weeks and is expected to sign for them.

I think Dundee are sniffing about him too J McG………...don't think he's what we need either to be honest, living down in Inverclyde most Morton fans I know spent most of their time just frustrated by him, "injury prone big-time Charlie that flatters to deceive with no end product" is how one of my neighbours describes him!!

Edited by WeeBud

1 hour ago, WeeBud said:

I think Dundee are sniffing about him too J McG………...don't think he's what we need either to be honest, living down in Inverclyde most Morton fans I know spent most of their time just frustrated by him, "injury prone big-time Charlie that flatters to deceive with no end product" is how one of my neighbours describes him!!

Phew! For a minute I thought he was describing me.

17 minutes ago, paulsmfc said:

Liam Smith has signed 1 year deal with Ayr United. Best of luck to him. Thought he could have done a job in the SPL with us

Indeed.  

We unfortunately couldn't wait until August when Hearts finally decided they were letting him go.  I'd have definitely preferred Smith to P.McGinn. 

You'd have to hope that we had made a serious enquiry to Hearts at the end of the season but who knows. The McGinn deal was said to be tied up long before Partick's season finished so who knows just how early the PCA was signed. Either way, signing McGinn effectively put an end to the chances of us getting Smith back.

56 minutes ago, class of 76-77 said:

No the lad we have on trial is 22 years of age and has played for Fiorentina against Chelsea in the champions league. He’s not Italian. 

Played in the champions league and we need to give him a trial to see if he is any good I right lol.

If I'm reading the breadcrum trail of clues correctly .... it's not quite Champions League that we're talking about. 

Will be interesting to see if this one comes to anything (assuming it is real) after our last deal from Italy fell through. 

Wonder who is giving us the link into the Italian market?  Donati ?  Jackson through his agent networking ?  

28 minutes ago, elvis said:

Played in the champions league and we need to give him a trial to see if he is any good I right lol.

You do realise the likes of Kyle Hutton, Rory Loy,  Darren Cole and Gregg Wylde have all played Champions League football, don't you?

It's no indicator to how good a footballer you are. Comparitively shite players have played in the champions league.

See Elvis, this is why you know the square root of feck all about fitba.

Edited by djchapsticks