Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Aye. Watch Johnston all the time too then?

I know that A league is Championship level at best and he came on for the worst Australian national side in 30 years who should never have been anywhere near a World Cup they are so bad.
So that’s what I know - what the f**k do you know apart from what you saw on telly f**kface?

9 minutes ago, Singapore Saint said:

I know that A league is Championship level at best and he came on for the worst Australian national side in 30 years who should never have been anywhere near a World Cup they are so bad.
So that’s what I know - what the f**k do you know apart from what you saw on telly f**kface?

Touchy. I know what the standard of the A-League is like. I’ve been to games.

Just made the point, Arzani played in the World Cup. Johnston played in the Toulon tournament...a big gulf?

f**kface.

They did it with Ryan Christie...twice.

Yes, you are correct. However, Ryan Christie was 2 years younger than Lewis Morgan is now.

And during the first loan he ended up with a long term injury. By the time he was fit, a new manager had arrived. Those circumstances led to the second loan.

I might be wrong, but I think Rodgers has signed Morgan as a first team squad player. At 22, he’s too old to be ‘one for the future’.

Arzani has mainly played on the right and gives competition for Forest, who is a bit injury prone. Morgan competes with Sinclair on the left.

I see Hayes as the odd one out.

11 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Arzani has mainly played on the right and gives competition for Forest, who is a bit injury prone. Morgan competes with Sinclair on the left.

Arzani's preferred position is on the left wing.

Whether he gets to play there or not is another matter.

Touchy. I know what the standard of the A-League is like. I’ve been to games.
Just made the point, Arzani played in the World Cup. Johnston played in the Toulon tournament...a big gulf?
f**kface.

What a legend!
So if I get this right - I’m a season ticket holder at Melbourne City and have seen this boy for the last 2 years but you’ve “been to games” in Australia? Hope you enjoyed your holiday but you have no idea what you are talking about.
The boy will be a really good player but he has been playing in a shite league and got a run on for one of the worst international teams at the WC.
So I’ve watched Arzani extensively but it would appear you haven’t actually watched Arzani or Johnston so you’re just blowing a lot of hot air.
Happy to help f**kface.

42 minutes ago, Singapore Saint said:

What a legend!
So if I get this right - I’m a season ticket holder at Melbourne City and have seen this boy for the last 2 years but you’ve “been to games” in Australia? Hope you enjoyed your holiday but you have no idea what you are talking about.
The boy will be a really good player but he has been playing in a shite league and got a run on for one of the worst international teams at the WC.
So I’ve watched Arzani extensively but it would appear you haven’t actually watched Arzani or Johnston so you’re just blowing a lot of hot air.
Happy to help f**kface.

Aff the Bundy Rum and away to bed.

42 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

He wasn't even on the bench last night for Birmingham, and their strikers didn't look as if they could score in a barrel of fannies.

Go and get him Mr.Stubbs.

Edited by FTOF

2 minutes ago, FTOF said:

He wasn't even on the bench last night for Birmingham, and their strikers didn't look as if they could score in a barrel of fannies.

Go and get him Mr.Stubbs.

Would be a very good signing,  but I imagine plenty of clubs with a bigger budget than us will be in the frame.

6 minutes ago, Drew said:

Would be a very good signing,  but I imagine plenty of clubs with a bigger budget than us will be in the frame.

Probably.

However,maybe we could dip into the "McGinn fund" in order to secure a signing that would excite all but the most blinkered supporters.:rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Probably.

However,maybe we could dip into the "McGinn fund" in order to secure a signing that would excite all but the most blinkered supporters.:rolleyes:

Aye, could we even consider it marquee?  I certainly would.

If the McGinn money is to be dipped, this would be one signing that would, on the face of it, warrant the punt.

Stewart and the lad Johnston from Celtic would be very welcome indeed.

3 minutes ago, Drew said:

Aye, could we even consider it marquee?  I certainly would.

If the McGinn money is to be dipped, this would be one signing that would, on the face of it, warrant the punt.

Stewart and the lad Johnston from Celtic would be very welcome indeed.

I agree Drew albeit I am going on the hype as I can't recall having seen either play. My worry with marquee Stewart would be, is he going to blow our wage structure  and could that cause problems in the dressing room? Steve McGinn should be our highest paid player IMO - he is our captain, St Mirren minded and a huge positive influence.  Not an impossible situation to resolve but tricky. And not without risk. Johnston depends on Celtic doing us a favour which just feels a bit unlikely. It might be better to lower our sights and go for the likes of Dobbie and Shankland.

36 minutes ago, Singapore Saint said:

Haha - so you’re basically confirming you have no idea what you’re talking about.
Well played bud emoji106.png

I apologise. As the only person on this forum that lives in, or has lived in, Australia and attended A-League games you have the superior knowledge.

Time will tell on the Arzani v Johnston debate. 

1 hour ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Think there could be something to this:

Clubs who can easily out bid us like Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs and Stewart's former club Dundee aren't in the market for a centre forward anymore having all recently made signings.

A centre forward is an absolute priority for us.

Birmingham have told him to find a new club, interestingly when the English window is closed so he must be coming back up the road.

Hopefully we'll get a nice booster next week. :D 

Edited by djchapsticks