Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

The manager has made it clear that he intends to ship out 2 or 3 more players and to bring in several with a mix of pace and physicality high on his list. Last season we had an "out ball" to Lewis Morgan. We don't have an equivalent at the moment which leads to long hopeful balls to front players who just don't have the individual pace to trouble opposing defences.  Back to the manager and board to make the changes and signings we need to be competitive in the bottom 6. I still think we need up to 3 transfer windows to properly judge the management team. 

20 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

The manager has made it clear that he intends to ship out 2 or 3 more players and to bring in several with a mix of pace and physicality high on his list. Last season we had an "out ball" to Lewis Morgan. We don't have an equivalent at the moment which leads to long hopeful balls to front players who just don't have the individual pace to trouble opposing defences.  Back to the manager and board to make the changes and signings we need to be competitive in the bottom 6. I still think we need up to 3 transfer windows to properly judge the management team. 

Probably a fair shout on the number of transfer windows Ricky. The frustration is just how bad the first one has been so far.

I think Stubbs got a shock with what he had to work with once Morgan etc left. He has also seen how far down the reputation list our club is when we are trying to recruit players. There was players badly shown up today. P McGinn is decent but was exposed as was Coulsen at full back and our central defenders were all at sea. Midfeld can not keep the ball and lack dig. Upfront we have a lack of pace. 

10 minutes ago, Ethan said:

I think Stubbs got a shock with what he had to work with once Morgan etc left. He has also seen how far down the reputation list our club is when we are trying to recruit players. There was players badly shown up today. P McGinn is decent but was exposed as was Coulsen at full back and our central defenders were all at sea. Midfeld can not keep the ball and lack dig. Upfront we have a lack of pace. 

Apart from that we were OK? 

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 1:49 PM, djchapsticks said:

Think there could be something to this:

Clubs who can easily out bid us like Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs and Stewart's former club Dundee aren't in the market for a centre forward anymore having all recently made signings.

A centre forward is an absolute priority for us.

Birmingham have told him to find a new club, interestingly when the English window is closed so he must be coming back up the road.

Hopefully we'll get a nice booster next week. :D 

More likely he wil be released from his contract if he gets a deal elsewhere, so he could be going anywhere

“Lee Hodson is closing in on a loan switch from Rangers to St Mirren.

The full back has fallen well down the pecking order under Steven Gerrard and hasn’t featured since the final game of last season before the new boss was appointed.

Now the Northern Ireland international is expected to be confirmed as a St Mirren player in the next 24 hours on a season-long loan deal.

Hodson would become the 20th player to leave Ibrox this summer as Gerrard goes about overhauling his squad.”

26 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

“Lee Hodson is closing in on a loan switch from Rangers to St Mirren.

The full back has fallen well down the pecking order under Steven Gerrard and hasn’t featured since the final game of last season before the new boss was appointed.

Now the Northern Ireland international is expected to be confirmed as a St Mirren player in the next 24 hours on a season-long loan deal.

Hodson would become the 20th player to leave Ibrox this summer as Gerrard goes about overhauling his squad.”

I think that would be a decent signing, but why another loan? I'm assuming his wages may be an issue.

I think that would be a decent signing, but why another loan? I'm assuming his wages may be an issue.

It appears it would have to be a permanent transfer not a loan as we are only allowed 1 over 23 and Danny Rodgers is 24

Even if it somehow is a loan so what would you rather we gave someone like stelios a 1 year deal that won’t be as good.

What’s the difference from a 1 year permanent deal to a 1 year loan really don’t get people complaining.

We’ve missed the boat this year on getting pre contract deals this year due to the manager situation

21 minutes ago, Drew said:

The currant buns seem to dislike him intensely, so that's a good enough positive reference for me.

Full current international, went to the euros in 2016 with Northern Ireland - I'd say he's better qualified than our other full backs to help us in this league. Let's hope he proves it on the park.