Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Not like people buying season tickets would help get players in at all.

Really f**king clueless

Just like to sit at home on your computer with a face like a skelped arse moaning like f**k on a forum.

I was actually sitting in an all exclusive beach hotel when I posted that , so get it up you [emoji16][emoji483]Are you really that gullible to think if we had sold , say , double the amount of season tickets ,that the money would have gone on players [emoji23]

2 hours ago, Drew said:

I assumed he was posting the highlights of oaksoft's contributions for the week so far.

You dont have time for posts like this. Arent you busy enough "liking" every post Pozbaird has ever made? He is certainly putting in quite a shift "liking" all of your posts.

How either of you can see what you are typing with your heads up each others arses is a mystery to us all.

1 minute ago, billyg said:

I was actually sitting in an all exclusive beach hotel when I posted that , so get it up you emoji16.pngemoji483.pngAre you really that gullible to think if we had sold , say , double the amount of season tickets ,that the money would have gone on players emoji23.png

If they have let you into this hotel, I'd be careful using the word "exclusive" to describe it. :P

8 hours ago, billyg said:

Why would I do that when I’ve supported St Mirren for over 50 years?

Mainly because all you bring from that sort of attitude is negativity, a lot of it comes out the woodwork as soon as the going gets tough. 

Take the Alex Rae/JR transition as the most recent example - a section of the support were giving JR a tough time at the start because people thought JR was wasting the money he had on untried signings that nobody had heard of and we had a run of bad results. The other section of the support were supporting their club and JR has credited those supporters as one of the reasons for the turnaround. I’m not saying that Stubbs is going to do anything close to what JR had done for us, but the least he deserves is our support because it doesn’t help anyone with those sorts of comments. Refusing to go and pay to watch the team only hurts us further. I thought “50+ years” of experience watching the club might’ve indicated that (FWIW, I’ve not been here anywhere near that length of time, so maybe my opinion means nothing).

We’ll seldom spend money on players to out bid our rivals and will turn to contingency targets if need be - it’s always been that way and always will. I have absolutely no issue with that, especially if it actually bears fruit like it has done over the last couple of years.. 

Get your hand in your pocket and get supporting the club. COYS!

14 minutes ago, RossCSmfc said:

Mainly because all you bring from that sort of attitude is negativity, a lot of it comes out the woodwork as soon as the going gets tough. 

Take the Alex Rae/JR transition as the most recent example - a section of the support were giving JR a tough time at the start because people thought JR was wasting the money he had on untried signings that nobody had heard of and we had a run of bad results. The other section of the support were supporting their club and JR has credited those supporters as one of the reasons for the turnaround. I’m not saying that Stubbs is going to do anything close to what JR had done for us, but the least he deserves is our support because it doesn’t help anyone with those sorts of comments. Refusing to go and pay to watch the team only hurts us further. I thought “50+ years” of experience watching the club might’ve indicated that (FWIW, I’ve not been here anywhere near that length of time, so maybe my opinion means nothing).

We’ll seldom spend money on players to out bid our rivals and will turn to contingency targets if need be - it’s always been that way and always will. I have absolutely no issue with that, especially if it actually bears fruit like it has done over the last couple of years.. 

Get your hand in your pocket and get supporting the club. COYS!

Budget already been set for Season, 

Billy not going is irrelevant.

Anyway , if income is not what expected then a good business person will adjust it accordingly.

Support is from the heart not the wallet .

46 minutes ago, shull said:

Anyway , if income is not what expected then a good business person will adjust it accordingly.

If everyone has Billy's outlook,  we won't have a team to "support ".

33 minutes ago, munoz said:

If everyone has Billy's outlook,  we won't have a team to "support ".

We will. 

Just have a smaller budget and probably have to be part time. 

Support our Club via your heart wherever we may play. 

COME ON THE SAINTS. 

11 hours ago, billyg said:

I was actually sitting in an all exclusive beach hotel when I posted that , so get it up you emoji16.pngemoji483.pngAre you really that gullible to think if we had sold , say , double the amount of season tickets ,that the money would have gone on players emoji23.png

"All exclusive", or "self-catering" as we used to call it... :wink:

4 hours ago, shull said:

Often agree with you Shull but not in this case. Won't come as a surprise.

I suggest that Fans are:

All of those interested in football are Fans of the Game.

All of those interested in St Mirren are Fans of St Mirren

So far we are in agreement - that's with the heart.

Supporters are different.

They actively support the club by attending, buying tickets, buying services (TV, Club Membership etc) or through voluntary work. Some do a combination of these.

This doesn't diminish the role of the Fan but does differentiate it.

You go to games...You are a Fan first and Foremost but you are also a Supporter through which you actively enable the club to maintain and improve the stadium and playing staff.

Our club's supporters are taking their involvement further and are buying the club.

Why does the distinction matter?

It matters a lot. The club is seeking to convert fans into supporters.

They have done well over the past 3 seasons to take attendances from 3,000 to 3,600 to 4449 and possibly 5,500 this season.

Have just been re-reading the book published to celebrate the 125th Anniversary.

Ferguson is credited with single handed raising attendance figures.

This generated revenue - this let us recruit better players - this enabled us to challenge for honours.

So - Being a Fan is great - the more the merrier - but - being a supporter is essential to the ongoing success of the club.

Which grows the Fan base etc etc tc

11 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I suggest that Fans are:

They actively support the club by attending, buying tickets, buying services (TV, Club Membership etc) or through voluntary work. Some do a combination of these.

You go to games...You are a Fan first and Foremost but you are also a Supporter through which you actively enable the club to maintain and improve the stadium and playing staff.

Our club's supporters are taking their involvement further and are buying the club.

They have done well over the past 3 seasons to take attendances from 3,000 to 3,600 to 4449 and possibly 5,500 this season.

Have just been re-reading the book published to celebrate the 125th Anniversary.

This generated revenue - this let us recruit better players - this enabled us to challenge for honours.

So - Being a Fan is great - the more the merrier - but - being a supporter is essential to the ongoing success of the club.

Where do true fans and true supporters come into your equation. :rolleyes: 

39 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I suggest that Fans are:

Fans are Supporters 

Supporters are Fans 

No difference. 

My Mum was a Supporter and never attended a Match. 

She was also a Fan. 

Faraway Saint is both also as is Billy.

2 minutes ago, shull said:

Fans are Supporters 

Supporters are Fans 

No difference. 

My Mum was a Supporter and never attended a Match. 

She was also a Fan. 

Faraway Saint is both also as is Billy.

It seems that years of supporting, or being a fan, doesn't count for FRicky, he's just concerned telling everyone how good he is. 

36 minutes ago, pod said:

Where do true fans and true supporters come into your equation. :rolleyes: 

I treat all fans as sincere and that each and everyone is a true fan.

The difference for a supporter is that they turn that interest as a fan into actual support for the club through their purchasing power. Supporters support according to their resources. None though are better than another. 

Neither are supporters some sort of group of super fans. 

Edited by St.Ricky