Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

3 minutes ago, pod said:

So you can be one or other or both.   Now super fans  is a new one.

Simple pod. Anyone with an interest in St Mirren and who follow their fortunes are fans. My take is straightforward .. fans interest level can vary...e.g. not all fans are on the Forum. Doesn't matter. 

Fans who respond to their interest and use their available financial resources to purchase services which build the revenue and infrastructure of the club are also supporters.  Doesn't make them in any way superior.

The club is seeking to grow the fan Base knowing that this will translate into more revenue when growing numbers of these become active supporters.  Clearly there will be a number of fans who for personal reasons don't or can't make the change to contributing revenue to the club. Doesn't make them less of a Fan.

20 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Simple pod. Anyone with an interest in St Mirren and who follow their fortunes are fans. My take is straightforward .. fans interest level can vary...e.g. not all fans are on the Forum. Doesn't matter. 

Fans who respond to their interest and use their available financial resources to purchase services which build the revenue and infrastructure of the club are also supporters.  Doesn't make them in any way superior.

The club is seeking to grow the fan Base knowing that this will translate into more revenue when growing numbers of these become active supporters.  Clearly there will be a number of fans who for personal reasons don't or can't make the change to contributing revenue to the club. Doesn't make them less of a Fan.

What about the fans that don't want the club to have revenue when it comes to filling seats.

If everyone has Billy's outlook,  we won't have a team to "support ".

When I supported the team , home and away every week in the early 70s there were crowds of around 500 at Cliftonhill , Forfar , Brechin etc the club was at its lowest ever ebb and lowest ever standing. If it wasn’t for the likes of me and the few that went every away game back then , you may not have had a team to support now. I’ve earned the right to pass on an ST and to berate a god awful manager . [emoji849]

11 minutes ago, billyg said:

When I supported the team , home and away every week in the early 70s there were crowds of around 500 at Cliftonhill , Forfar , Brechin etc the club was at its lowest ever ebb and lowest ever standing. If it wasn’t for the likes of me and the few that went every away game back then , you may not have had a team to support now. I’ve earned the right to pass on an ST and to berate a god awful manager . emoji849.png

The saviour of St Mirren. :lol:

43 minutes ago, billyg said:

When I supported the team , home and away every week in the early 70s there were crowds of around 500 at Cliftonhill , Forfar , Brechin etc the club was at its lowest ever ebb and lowest ever standing. If it wasn’t for the likes of me and the few that went every away game back then , you may not have had a team to support now. I’ve earned the right to pass on an ST and to berate a god awful manager . emoji849.png

It's obviously up to you what games you attend. Absolutely no problem with that. I'm not really sure how you can judge and come to the conclusion that Stubbs is "a god awful manager " though? You do realise we've played 2 league games,  winning one of them don't you ? Have you given every Saints manager the same amount of time?

26 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Been told we are trying to get Ryan Christie in on loan. This from a reliable Celtic source. 

22 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

No chance.

22 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

He’s about to sign for Sunderland so good luck with that 1.

Didn't you mean Tony Christie..?

is this the way to the Simple Digital-Arillo

54 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

He’s about to sign for Sunderland so good luck with that 1.

You are the one in the know would never dispute that fact. I wrote we are trying ( TRYING ) to sign Ryan Christie. That is a fact whether he signs is another matter but we have made contact with Celtic regarding said player.