Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Customer/Supporter. ... revenue adding fans. Of course, not all customers will be St Mirren Fans. Strangely they might come along as fans and supporters of other clubs or none.

or a pal of a St.Mirren fan.   :whistle

F**k  F**k  F**k wish a had read Callum Gilhooley post first. 

Edited by pod

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I’m going to the game on Saturday and will have an Aberdeen fan with me . We are having a few beers pre match in the 1877 thus contributing to the clubs coffers, does that make my Dons pal a Saints supporter ?

See the reply about customers CG

4 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Simple pod. Anyone with an interest in St Mirren and who follow their fortunes are fans. My take is straightforward .. fans interest level can vary...e.g. not all fans are on the Forum. Doesn't matter. 

Fans who respond to their interest and use their available financial resources to purchase services which build the revenue and infrastructure of the club are also supporters.  Doesn't make them in any way superior.

The club is seeking to grow the fan Base knowing that this will translate into more revenue when growing numbers of these become active supporters.  Clearly there will be a number of fans who for personal reasons don't or can't make the change to contributing revenue to the club. Doesn't make them less of a Fan.

You are trying to discretise something which is a continuum and you are tying yourself in knots as a result.

That is the fundamental flaw in your argument right there.

Not everything needs a label.

Edited by oaksoft

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

You are trying to discretise something which is a continuum.

That is the fundamental flaw right there.

Certainly not.....pointing out that this is how the mechanism operates. When the growth in fan Base happens there is a delay in conversion to monetisation unless something exceptional happens...like winning a league or cup or making "marquee" signings. The system also works in reverse.  At present we have more customers including opposition fans and friends of St Mirren Fans . At least one of mine has bought a season ticket.

3 hours ago, whydowebother said:

Only if you take a bag of messages for the collection :P

Complete with receipt for both photographable proof of your goodness and also because it could a tax deductible expense. :P

You can be both "good" and fiscally responsible you know. No wonder Ricky is proud of himself. 

5 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Certainly not.....pointing out that this is how the mechanism operates. When the growth in fan Base happens there is a delay in conversion to monetisation unless something exceptional happens...like winning a league or cup or making "marquee" signings. The system also works in reverse.  At present we have more customers including opposition fans and friends of St Mirren Fans . At least one of mine has bought a season ticket.

Really? You feel it's necessary to mansplain how ticket money feeds through to a club do you?

2 minutes ago, Ronnie said:
7 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:
Rumour has it that we enquired about Christie and Allan at Celtic. 

Yes along with half the team's in the SPL.

Can't / Won't argue with that.

Hayes would be interesting. 

Edited by St.Ricky

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

You are trying to discretise something which is a continuum and you are tying yourself in knots as a result.

That is the fundamental flaw in your argument right there.

Not everything needs a label.

Discretise? I had to Google that to make sure it was a word.

You're right, not everything needs a label. Apart from you, you show offy prick.