Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

2 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

All well & good, but will you be dropping off a bag of messages ?

I hope you will WDWB.  In fact,  I hope all of the supporters attending, who are in a position to do so,  do just that. 

A small gesture.  More of a sticking plaster than a solution but worthwhile IMO

Can I ask how jj seems to know so much ? Who is going to buy shankland? Is Stubbs actually getting any additional cash cos it doesn’t look like it. Makes all the panicking over the McGinn money seem utterly pointless now. Glad we got the cash and well done to the old board. Sad that the other lads all left for a pittance tho considering their talent. 

Edited by norrie82

22 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

Can I ask how jj seems to know so much ? Who is going to buy shankland? Is Stubbs actually getting any additional cash cos it doesn’t look like it. Makes all the panicking over the McGinn money seem utterly pointless now. Glad we got the cash and well done to the old board. Sad that the other lads all left for a pittance tho considering their talent. 

I don’t know anything really but it’s quite obvious killie outbid us for Stewart when we have been chasing him all summer.

Shankland has no intention of coming back to us either.

21 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

Shankland would come back if we offered enough. Seems we’re content to be 10th after all . Always thought he silly top six chat was just that 

Content? I'd be delighted to finish 10th in our first season back. Fergie only just kept us up after promotion.

10 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Content? I'd be delighted to finish 10th in our first season back. Fergie only just kept us up after promotion.

It's a big step up.  10th would be OK.  Up to 7th might be possible.  Recruitment isn't over yet so difficult to judge. 

Still think it will take 3 transfer windows to be able to judge. 

I think some of us are forgetting our place in the pecking order.

Talk of signing players like Stewart and Allan is pie in the sky if they're on the level wages that have been quoted.

Even with the "McGinn fund" the likes of Kilmarnock will always outbid us and are , whether we like it or not, a more attractive option.

I won't even go into the lunacy of a £250K bid for any player.

Maybe if we went in for Scott Allan at the close of the window and nobody else wanted him, the green bigots might give us a cut price loan as they try to offload him. Even then, only the fact that he likes working with Stubbs, would even allow us a sniff of a chance.

I'm afraid that this is the level we're at. 

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

It's a big step up.  10th would be OK.  Up to 7th might be possible.  Recruitment isn't over yet so difficult to judge. 

Still think it will take 3 transfer windows to be able to judge. 

We don't have 3 transfer windows.  :blink: 

49 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I think some of us are forgetting our place in the pecking order.

Talk of signing players like Stewart and Allan is pie in the sky if they're on the level wages that have been quoted.

Even with the "McGinn fund" the likes of Kilmarnock will always outbid us and are , whether we like it or not, a more attractive option.

I won't even go into the lunacy of a £250K bid for any player.

Maybe if we went in for Scott Allan at the close of the window and nobody else wanted him, the green bigots might give us a cut price loan as they try to offload him. Even then, only the fact that he likes working with Stubbs, would even allow us a sniff of a chance.

I'm afraid that this is the level we're at. 

FTOF. I get the argument that Killie finished top 6 but don't get the financial argument. I could be wrong but they are still carrying debt.

FTOF. I get the argument that Killie finished top 6 but don't get the financial argument. I could be wrong but they are still carrying debt.
They were debt free at the end of May 2017 so any debt they might have will be for the season to May 2018 which was a good season for them. They won't publish their accounts till the end of the year so I think it's safe to assume that Billy Bowie has got them on a better footing. There is money in shifting shite after all! [emoji383]