Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

16 hours ago, billyg said:

Well yes , but I'd rather pay my monthly Smisa for no immediate return , than purchase an ST . My choice , so there ! :byebye

Oh absolutely. But then you should have the decency to shut the f**k up about our struggle to sign better and by extension more expensive players.

Do you really need this explained to you?

4 hours ago, norrie82 said:

Can I ask how jj seems to know so much ? Who is going to buy shankland? Is Stubbs actually getting any additional cash cos it doesn’t look like it. Makes all the panicking over the McGinn money seem utterly pointless now. Glad we got the cash and well done to the old board. Sad that the other lads all left for a pittance tho considering their talent. 

I am going to guess he is related to one of the players or someone at the club who likes to blab.

Oh absolutely. But then you should have the decency to shut the f**k up about our struggle to sign better and by extension more expensive players.
Do you really need this explained to you?

We signed Thommo , Teale and Isma , amongst others , when I wasn’t an ST holder either. The club is more cash rich than it was then. It’s nothing to do with me , or anyone else , not buying an ST , it’s more to do with the unwillingness of the current BOD to part with their dosh . Which , of course , is a matter of choice for them too. [emoji9]

30 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

That seems like he wants Kenny in and Cammy Smith will be free to go

Indeed, which is a P45 move in itself, never mind all the other things that have gone wrong.

I work in social work so I'm used to shambolic management, I think Stubbs must have been on the same training course as some of my bosses.

That seems like he wants Kenny in and Cammy Smith will be free to go

Stubbs was inconclusive when asked whether Smith was free to leave.

He said: “I don’t know, no. At the moment, no. You know what football is like, anything can change. But as far as I am standing here now, what I have got is what I have got.

“If something happens over the weekend or next week and we feel as if it’s for the benefit of the football club and makes us stronger, then it might be something that we look at.”

This is really concerning. Considering letting Smith go seems absolutely bonkers with the squad we have at the moment.
I’ve completely lost faith in Stubbs now. The thought of what state the players heads are in is a real worry. I know it’s only rumours, but you wouldn’t be surprised if he has completely lost the changing room.

2 hours ago, Balmullo Bud said:

Stubbs was inconclusive when asked whether Smith was free to leave.

He said: “I don’t know, no. At the moment, no. You know what football is like, anything can change. But as far as I am standing here now, what I have got is what I have got.

“If something happens over the weekend or next week and we feel as if it’s for the benefit of the football club and makes us stronger, then it might be something that we look at.”

This is really concerning. Considering letting Smith go seems absolutely bonkers with the squad we have at the moment.
I’ve completely lost faith in Stubbs now. The thought of what state the players heads are in is a real worry. I know it’s only rumours, but you wouldn’t be surprised if he has completely lost the changing room.

Or....he knows stuff we don't. 

1 hour ago, 17/03/13 said:

Assistant manager of Besiktas

Besiktas is a seriously big but underperformibg team in Istanbul. .a city area of up to 17 Millom people. By the way, they play in Black and White. I have one of their scarves which was given to me as a gift when I attended a game there.

Rumour Falkirk want Stubbs and his team to take over from Hartley who they have just sacked and are willing to take them for as little as £150,000  (I wish)

Are we trying to pinch Osman Sow from under Hearts noses? Aye they have bigger budgets but he would be in our 1st 11 every week if fit......

Much better option than Miller or Stewart or naebuddy….

25 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

I can still see us getting Johnston on loan from Celtic as he won't be a first team regular for them, Miller signing due to Stubbs pursuit of him but I'd really like to see us sign an experienced centre half, someone with 200-300 first team appearances behind them.

I hear Gary Kenneth is available. 

1 hour ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

I can still see us getting Johnston on loan from Celtic as he won't be a first team regular for them, Miller signing due to Stubbs pursuit of him but I'd really like to see us sign an experienced centre half, someone with 200-300 first team appearances behind them.

You'll be disturbed to know that I agree with you.