Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

43 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

I see Stewart and Muirhead are both training with Killie. So probably the end of our chances.

Weren’t we linked with Muirhead back in January?

Killie have a similar fan base to us and makes me wonder where they are getting the funds to pay for SC and players on higher wages than us? If we cannot compete with clubs like Killie and clubs at our level then we really are struggling.

1 hour ago, nedflanders123 said:

Killie have a similar fan base to us and makes me wonder where they are getting the funds to pay for SC and players on higher wages than us? If we cannot compete with clubs like Killie and clubs at our level then we really are struggling.

Killie are being bankrolled, yet again, by a millionaire - Billy Bowie.

Edited by Sonny

Just now, faraway saint said:

Especially teams with sugar Daddys...................our support wouldn't want that so we have to live within our means. 

My observation still stands though. We are not equipped for this league as things stand. We have failed to strengthen sufficiently and time has run out in this window. Disappointing.

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

is the window shut? :blink:

We all know when it shuts. However,  it seems our preferred targets have largely signed for other clubs or stayed where they are.  So, on the balance of probabilities and based on the signings to -date,  it appears to have been a sub optimal window for Alan and his team and us. This likely outcome may be a good starting point for GLS to evaluate. Alan seemed to have made good signings for Hibs. Was that down to him or did he have help? If he had help then get that guy in or provide help in some other way before January. Darren and Pat are not Alan's usual team. Maybe that needs looked at?

5 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Just speculating as per the thread title... what if the real story is Cammy Smith has asked to go?

Why would he ?"

Cammy see's what 99.5% of all St Mirren fans see. Who could blame him for wanting to leave if that is the case.

Who wants to be miserable going into work each morning knowing you work hard but not recognised by the management.

Cammy goes we can not afford a replacement with his quality.

It's not like you LP to go against the grain. 

2 minutes ago, magnus said:

We all know when it shuts. However,  it seems our preferred targets have largely signed for other clubs or stayed where they are.  So, on the balance of probabilities and based on the signings to -date,  it appears to have been a sub optimal window for Alan and his team and us. This likely outcome may be a good starting point for GLS to evaluate. Alan seemed to have made good signings for Hibs. Was that down to him or did he have help? If he had help then get that guy in or provide help in some other way before January. Darren and Pat are not Alan's usual team. Maybe that needs looked at?

Sorry, too much "made up stuff" for me to really take this seriously.

I love when our support veer towards the worst case scenario just for the sake of it.

Why don't we save the McGinn windfall as a contribution towards our parachute payment when we return to the Championship at the end of this season, rather than waste it on 39 year-old has beens or 3rd rate 'never-will-bes'?

That way we might get ourselves into a position where we have enough quality in the squad to win promotion and be better prepared than the state JR left us in at the end of last season.

Last season was a pleasure to support St Mirren when we won more games than we lost - this season is a nightmare already.

However it is obvious now we came up before we were ready.

1 hour ago, nedflanders123 said:

Sugar daddy or not, they made more than a million more than we did from league placing last season, and a million more the previous year (£1.3m vs £200k, based on those figures below). I'm aware that club's budget ahead and gamble on their predicted positions, but it's easy to see where their turnover is coming from.

We could be where they are now if we hadn't appointed Tommy Craig when we did. We had a midfield that contained McLean, McGinn and Mallan that season. Our relegation was f**king scandalous. We absolutely must stay up this season or we'll be back to square -1 again.

image.thumb.png.31413b60fe39e7d2c71066c26ac8aedc.png

Edited by Magic Monkey