Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

49 minutes ago, elvis said:

I feel the need to defend myself a wee bit I was never actually laughing at how shite we are it is more directed at the happy clappers who come on and tell us everything will be fine when it clearly is not apart from the 18 months JR was in charge we have been piss poor but out they come with there everything will be fine they are in complete denial as far as I am concerned and deserve to be laughed at.

No need to defend yourself Bud. Look we're all hurting. The situation is almost unbearable. The ' happy clappers' and 'knicker wetters'  are just how people are reacting to an increasingly worrying situation hoping, really hoping something can be pulled out of the hat at the last minute. 

watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat er stereo photo: heads out of the hat HGguuSeiichitomoyoandHiroko.gif hat rabbit rabbits hat GIF

1 hour ago, elvis said:

I feel the need to defend myself a wee bit I was never actually laughing at how shite we are it is more directed at the happy clappers who come on and tell us everything will be fine when it clearly is not apart from the 18 months JR was in charge we have been piss poor but out they come with there everything will be fine they are in complete denial as far as I am concerned and deserve to be laughed at.

Nothing to do with denial.  Some on here have a right to retain a degree of optimism (blind or otherwise) just as we did when Jack started and we were performing poorly.  It's  not happy clapping to get behind your team when the going is tough.  We can't all be a miserable and pessimistic as you Elvis.  I have supported the team as long as you mate and have seen a lot  more dark than good times.  It is tough at this point but if we all adopted a stance of complete doom then how does that help the team on the park if we all acted as such.  People are still on their holiday and its still August so time to sort things out - either on the park or in the Boardroom.

Edited by nedflanders123

32 minutes ago, ulysses said:

Edwards is shite and is still not a wide midfielder.

Jesus wept.

I think he is more a holding midfielder however you base your critique on what exactly ?

Who exactly should we be signing, he seems a bit more experienced in this division than most others we have signed.

2 minutes ago, foxbar_bud said:

Edwards is a bizarre (possible) signing.

How many centre mids do we need

McGinn
Jones
Willock
Magennis
Kirkpatrick
McShane
Flynn
McPherson

Who can all play in the middle while we have one outright Winger (King, who can’t get a sniff).

Genuinely can’t get my head around this one!

Guy has lost the plot. Probably wants to drop McGinn after having a go at his signing policy

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Ryan Edwards the Hearts midfielder (ex Thistle) according to STV. A bit more realistic although not sure it's the most pressing position in midfield.

A midfielder.

A central midfielder.

:lol:

7 minutes ago, billyg said:

Are we shipping out a central midfielder/s ?  :rolleyes:

As I understand things.... the player has been involved in 90 plus Premiership Games. 

If he comes,  then he brings experience. 

There has already been speculation  that we might ship out 1 or more midfielders. 

6 minutes ago, scrappy coco said:

I was speaking to a Hearts fan yesterday who told me he heard that Hibs want Stephen McGinn..... Surely not..

As I mentioned before , I met Lewis Stevenson in Majorca and he was singing Stephen's praises , said Lennon rated him highly following the turning over we gave them in 2017. That was the night that Lennon said to John McGinn after the match  "You're not even the best player in your own house " ! :)

4 minutes ago, billyg said:

As I mentioned before , I met Lewis Stevenson in Majorca and he was singing Stephen's praises , said Lennon rated him highly following the turning over we gave them in 2017. That was the night that Lennon said to John McGinn after the match  "You're not even the best player in your own house " ! :)

2 Million and he can have him. 

Killie cram as many into both stands behind the goals when they play the old firm 🤭
Based on 3 home games against them at £25, Killie will have around 24000 away fans. We will have 9600 so Killie will make around 280K more than us from the bigots after vat. That is how they can get players that we can't.

51 minutes ago, foxbar_bud said:

Edwards is a bizarre (possible) signing.

How many centre mids do we need

McGinn
Jones
Willock
Magennis
Kirkpatrick
McShane
Flynn
McPherson

Who can all play in the middle while we have one outright Winger (King, who can’t get a sniff).

Genuinely can’t get my head around this one!

Forgot Erhahon

Edwards signed for Hearts in the summer, which makes me think he'd be another loan signing. FWIW I think he's not a bad player, but plays in a position we definitely don't need anyone.

Centre half, left midfield, striker and back up goalie. Got that Stubbsy?  Now repeat after me...centre half, left...

14 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Lennon,s already   said he  rates Stephen McGinn , remember the " he,s not even the best midfielder in his own house " comment aimed at John McGinn a couple of seasons back  .

Hey Griff ,  if you look about 5 posts above , we almost posted word for word ! ^_^