Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

3 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Exactly. I smell shite.

Is anyone genuinely not scratching his head now, trying to work out what the f**k Stubbs is doing (and that includes Stubbs himself)?

I promised not to be negative on here for a few days, but, by Christ, a few hours in and I'm really struggling.

It truly is utterly baffling.

2 minutes ago, Drew said:

Is anyone genuinely not scratching his head now, trying to work out what the f**k Stubbs is doing (and that includes Stubbs himself)?

I promised not to be negative on here for a few days, but, by Christ, a few hours in and I'm really struggling.

It truly is utterly baffling.

He could be trying the trick of letting us think we're skint, so when we sign some non-league jobber with 16 clubs on his CV, we'll be grateful because we thought we'd sign no-one?

Or maybe, and more plausibly, he just doesn't know what he's doing. Worrying times.

Dropped down a level?

From championship to premiership?

Or you meaning Scottish Premiership standard isn’t as good as league 1 in England [emoji15]

Okay then, despite the fact he’s spent his e tire career playing wide, he’s playing out of position cos you’ve decided he’s a central midfielder!

Re your last point, you aren’t seriously suggesting that moving from a massive club like Sheffield United, who play in the English Championship, isn’t a step down coming to the Scottish Premiership?

As for League One, well our manager just left us for a League One side and they just thrashed us 6-0 at home!

FFS, Harry Davis left us for a League Two side!

Ryan Flynn took a massive step down by joining us!

Okay then, despite the fact he’s spent his e tire career playing wide, he’s playing out of position cos you’ve decided he’s a central midfielder!

Re your last point, you aren’t seriously suggesting that moving from a massive club like Sheffield United, who play in the English Championship, isn’t a step down coming to the Scottish Premiership?

As for League One, well our manager just left us for a League One side and they just thrashed us 6-0 at home!

FFS, Harry Davis left us for a League Two side!

Ryan Flynn took a massive step down by joining us!

He’s never played in the championship lol

He’s played in league 1

He came from Oldham

I think the top teams in our league are better than the top teams in league 1 so hardly a step down in level.

Imo he’s not going to be as effective in this league playing for us as a winger anymore we need to strengthen that position we are badly in need of abit of pace.

Quite an odd thing to say you need to move players on before anyone else can come in when you very publicly offered Kenny Miller a deal two days before that he knocked back.

Did that money just disappear into a dark void never to be seen again? Or have the board actually realised that there is no point in giving Stubbs any more budget and withdrawn the funds as he's already proven himself not to be up to the standard to be trusted with one? 

Either way, not a strong statement to come away with in the same week we courted a guy who would have cost a decent wedge. Doesn't paint anyone in a positive light as either Stubbs is talking shite in order to soften the blow of moving yet more bodies in, the board has removed funding or both. 

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Quite an odd thing to say you need to move players on before anyone else can come in when you very publicly offered Kenny Miller a deal two days before that he knocked back.

Did that money just disappear into a dark void never to be seen again? Or have the board actually realised that there is no point in giving Stubbs any more budget and withdrawn the funds as he's already proven himself not to be up to the standard to be trusted with one? 

Either way, not a strong statement to come away with in the same week we courted a guy who would have cost a decent wedge. Doesn't paint anyone in a positive light as either Stubbs is talking shite in order to soften the blow of moving yet more bodies in, the board has removed funding or both. 

If i may be so bold?

I think (certainly not ITK, so it probably actually has more legs given the pish that everyone could find another club) what Stubbzo and the club are getting at is the likes of Miller was a 'no fee' signing as he had been released, but the target or targets in Stubbzo's sights now that is deid will require a fee to be paid, and thats where PERHAPS... someone like Livi coming in to buy Say Cammy Smith would enable Stubbzo to go buy a free scoring centre forward..?

just speculating, but it would make their comments make some sense if it were so.

11 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

If i may be so bold?

I think (certainly not ITK, so it probably actually has more legs given the pish that everyone could find another club) what Stubbzo and the club are getting at is the likes of Miller was a 'no fee' signing as he had been released, but the target or targets in Stubbzo's sights now that is deid will require a fee to be paid, and thats where PERHAPS... someone like Livi coming in to buy Say Cammy Smith would enable Stubbzo to go buy a free scoring centre forward..?

just speculating, but it would make their comments make some sense if it were so.

Cammy and Stephen are not for sale that came from J.J. who is 100% right with his info.  

7 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Cammy and Stephen are not for sale that came from J.J. who is 100% right with his info.  

Strictly speaking, every player at every club is for sale.

I assume JJ has reason to believe that McGinn and Smith are unlikely to leave before Saturday, which is some comfort amidst the malaise that seems to have settled over the club of late.

1 minute ago, Drew said:

I assume JJ has reason to believe that McGinn and Smith are unlikely to leave before Saturday, which is some comfort amidst the malaise that seems to have settled over the club of late.

They've "kissed and make up".   

20 minutes ago, Drew said:

Yes Drew every player has a price who is going to pay top dollar for any of the two ? I can't see it Scottish football is skint unless it's the evil sisters looking for a bargain. This window has been a shambles Stubbs does not even know how to set up what he has got. 

21 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

What would be more worrying given the club have pocketed £2million in unplanned income is if the manager had to free up wages by selling/getting some out on loan from an already small squad, in order to get some in!

we are already wafer thin with the injury list, a ban or other injury would catastrophic.

2 million makes me laugh looking forward to accounts being published. That sum may have come in but for sure sum would have to be spent on various running of the club costs with some hopefully for Goodwin to put right in the January window :P

1 minute ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

2 million makes me laugh looking forward to accounts being published. That sum may have come in but for sure sum would have to be spent on various running of the club costs with some hopefully for Goodwin to put right in the January window :P

Errr that money came in as 'unplanned income' i.e. Not something that could be spent in advance as no one knew it was coming. So if iits been spent what has the Extra £2million gone on? Feck me the club are still rifling smisa's ringfenced funds too!

16 minutes ago, pod said:

They've "kissed and make up".   

I genuinely hope so.

Toxic division within the club, regardless of who is most culpable, is a very bad thing.

If the BoD have to knock heids together, that is what they should be doing. It won't solve the underlying problems, but it could arrest further unnecessary decline.

7 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Goodwin, the same Goodwin who is in charge of a team 2nd bottom of the Championship, with 1 point?

Surely the Alloa support will be like ours, wanting him out?