Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Errr that money came in as 'unplanned income' i.e. Not something that could be spent in advance as no one knew it was coming. So if iits been spent what has the Extra £2million gone on? Feck me the club are still rifling smisa's ringfenced funds too!

Aye the mafia have taken over the club. As I wrote accounts will reveal all until you have a right to speculation. Me in all honestly I'm worried our signings bar maybe two are very worrying.  

3 minutes ago, Drew said:

I think you have to bear in mind their p/t status, and also factor in JG's achievement in promoting them.

Not denying that, just stating the facts and the irony of people wanting our manager sacked and Goodwin is a hero after the same amount of league games. 

PS I Like Goodwin, always have. 

Edited by faraway saint

27 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Aye the mafia have taken over the club. As I wrote accounts will reveal all until you have a right to speculation. Me in all honestly I'm worried our signings bar maybe two are very worrying.  

The mafia..! Whit the f**k are you on about?

i am concerned that having seen an extra £2m in, the manager is having to sign loanees, non league players and still has to ship some out before shoring up a threadbare squad. Everyone with a stake in the club should be concerned by that, and the fact that all our experienced targets are signing elsewhere!

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

The mafia..! Whit the f**k are you on about?

i am concerned that having seen an extra £2m in, the manager is having to sign loanees, non league players and still has to ship some out before shoring up a threadbare squad. Everyone with a stake in the club should be concerned by that, and the fact that all our experienced targets are signing elsewhere!

Pointed out the accounts will be published , you know the ( facts ) As I wrote everyone can speculate till there published.  

16 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Not denying that, just stating the facts and the irony of people wanting our manager sacked and Goodwin is a hero after the same amount of league games. 

PS I Like Goodwin, always have. 

On a serious note the majority wanted Stubbs to succeed maybe he can pull a few rabbit's out the hat at this late hour but its not looking too good. The fact he finds it hard to set up a team has my àlarm bells ringing. Hope I'm wrong but can't see him lasting beyond October.  Seen the same thing in recent years all too often there is a simlour pattern. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

4 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Pointed out the accounts will be published , you know the ( facts ) As I wrote everyone can speculate till there published.  

We know now the money thats come in, i dont think anyone is disputing the figures? What we dont know is why we seem to have nothing other than the £75k for Heaton, (which we got back for Stewart) to help the manager build a squad fit for the premiership.

we seem to only be able to attract non-league/academy/loanees... all the experienced targets are signing elsewhere..! Wake up and smell the coffee big man... we are obviously not meeting/matching expectations of players at this level.

8 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

We know now the money thats come in, i dont think anyone is disputing the figures? What we dont know is why we seem to have nothing other than the £75k for Heaton, (which we got back for Stewart) to help the manager build a squad fit for the premiership.

we seem to only be able to attract non-league/academy/loanees... all the experienced targets are signing elsewhere..! Wake up and smell the coffee big man... we are obviously not meeting/matching expectations of players at this level.

As we stand, would happily of kept Stewart (striker)  

24 minutes ago, pod said:

As we stand, would happily of kept Stewart (striker)  

Aye, was saying as much on Saturday. Looks a better option than NBM (albeit it is probably not fair to judge the latter so soon).

At the very least, having Stewart would have been another option in that area. As things stand, we are woefully under-resourced in the forward area.

8 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

Haven’t seen anything on here recently about us being linked with Jai Quitongo. Is that because we are blessed with pacey  wide men, or too concerned with him being injury prone ? Surely not blinded by the team he last played for.

Available on a free - I think he’d be worth a punt

Turra. There was a thread on him I believe. Concensus seemed to be that he was injury prone and flatters to deceive.

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

Turra. There was a thread on him I believe. Concensus seemed to be that he was injury prone and flatters to deceive.

I recall that thread and Agree that seemed to be the consensus. But that was at least a few weeks ago when we were still sitting on the edge of our seats, speculating  on who the marquee signings may be and when was the guy from Juve coming. There’s now less than 48hrs to go and we still have no pace and no width - I think he’s worth a punt, but do appreciate others may not.

16 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

Haven’t seen anything on here recently about us being linked with Jai Quitongo. Is that because we are blessed with pacey  wide men, or too concerned with him being injury prone ? Surely not blinded by the team he last played for.

Available on a free - I think he’d be worth a punt

He get injured as often as MacKenzie does  :thumbsdown   Club is paying to much sick money as it is without adding to it.

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Really? Even Jack Ross knew he was never Premiership standard, he sent him on loan in League1.. And going on a permanent move to a championship club does kinda underlines he's found his level..

i think your glasses may be very rose tinted?

I agree with the above, but would have kept him. There is a player in there somewhere.

i also accept that my glasses are indeed very rose tinted, and my glass (more than) half full on anything St.Mirren related. An eternal optimist.

11 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Really? Even Jack Ross knew he was never Premiership standard, he sent him on loan in League1.. And going on a permanent move to a championship club does kinda underlines he's found his level..

i think your glasses may be very rose tinted?

At least the boy would have put in more effort than any of the other non premiership standard players we signed.   I quite like my rose tinted glasses thank you very much.  :2cool    :wink:

Edited by pod

9 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

I agree with the above, but would have kept him. There is a player in there somewhere.

i also accept that my glasses are indeed very rose tinted, and my glass (more than) half full on anything St.Mirren related. An eternal optimist.

I agree there is a player, but young Ross as never going to trouble the defenders he would come up against in the Premiership. Good luck to him though, hope it all works out at County.

7 minutes ago, pod said:

At least the boy would have put in more effort than any of the other non premiership standard players we signed.   I quite like my rose tinted glasses thank you very much.  :2cool    :wink:

I don't doubt he'd put the effort in, like my comment above though, i fear it would have been to his detriment more than anything if Ross or Stubbzo threw him in there.

as another optimist I have to believe, given Stubbzo is no fool, has a wealth of top level playing experience, as well as some success as a manager that we will see the young signings like Cooke & Heaton flourish. And that NBM just needs a goal to get off the mark, big Cole can't for an experienced player be that pish again, Hodson is now in the groove, young Alfie is the boy, Big Matty is going to thread them through the eye of a needle and a late flurry as the window closes will see us with a decent striking option.

Stubbzo has gone for in the main, height and physical presence. Apart from injuries they should be match fit now, even for the breakneck speed of the game up here. King is the concern, not hearing anything about him getting first team action.

9 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Stubbzo is no fool, has a wealth of top level playing experience, as well as some success as a manager that we will see the young signings like Cooke & Heaton flourish. 

But he's not prepared  to do similar with a younger Stewart.   Probably all he needed was a top coach.

Edited by pod