Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

29 minutes ago, David Mc said:

Sure I am amongst many in thinking we are desperately short of the ability both to stop and score goals. Tomorrow needs to deliver players who can address both problems.

Really makes you wonder if the board have gave up on the manager interesting couple of weeks me thinks. 

9 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Really makes you wonder if the board have gave up on the manager interesting couple of weeks me thinks. 

Alarm bells were starting to ring when Jim Goodwin ruled himself out, followed by almost every unemployed manger they spoke with.

The box office Juventus target felt like a marketing ploy for season tickets sales. Lots of short term deals and loans of hard to sell players,

is Darren Jackson still acting as an agent? :ph34r:

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

That's the spirit...........Image result for throw in the towel

Good luck with your optimism, Robert.

This is Tommy Craig territory.

If you genuinely believe that there is the remotest chance that we aren't unravelling, then I admire your spirit but pity your naivety in equal measure.

4 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Alarm bells were starting to ring when Jim Goodwin ruled himself out, followed by almost every unemployed manger they spoke with.

The box office Juventus target felt like a marketing ploy for season tickets sales. Lots of short term deals and loans of hard to sell players,

is Darren Jackson still acting as an agent? :ph34r:

Well if Stubbs is acting as a manager.

6 minutes ago, Drew said:

Good luck with your optimism, Robert.

This is Tommy Craig territory.

If you genuinely believe that there is the remotest chance that we aren't unravelling, then I admire your spirit but pity your naivety in equal measure.

It's an easy, and cheap, shot at this stage as, yawn, we were, IMO, always going to struggle this season.

The usual knee jerk reaction, while very sad, isn't a surprise as it's been seen many times.

Yes, there's a good chance we will dribble back into the Championship and people, who had made their minds :lol: up as soon as Stubbs was names, will be quite smug.

If we survive the same people will jump back aboard the St Mirren bus and all will be well.  <_<

Hey, it'll be what it'll be. 

4 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Some ITK fud of a Livvy fan on PnB has claimed that they have made a bid for Cammy Smith of between £10k-50k.

If we sell him to a rival for that kind of pittance then I reckon it'll be a torches and pitchfork reception for Stubbs at the next home game.

Did a large procession wave their 
Torches as my head fell in the basket, 
And was everybody dancing on the casket?

Now it's over I'm dead and I haven't done anything that I want 
Or, I'm still alive and there's nothing I want to do!

21 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

It's an easy, and cheap, shot at this stage as, yawn, we were, IMO, always going to struggle this season.

The usual knee jerk reaction, while very sad, isn't a surprise as it's been seen many times.

Yes, there's a good chance we will dribble back into the Championship and people, who had made their minds :lol: up as soon as Stubbs was names, will be quite smug.

If we survive the same people will jump back aboard the St Mirren bus and all will be well.  <_<

Hey, it'll be what it'll be. 

I certainly hadn't made my mind up about Stubbs as soon as he was appointed, nor would I ever be smug in response to St Mirren falling on hard times.

It is blatantly obvious to anyone who applies a bit of reason to our current situation that we are in a very precarious position. Why would anyone be pleased or smug about that?

It's a real shame when we were in such a fantastic position. No-one is jumping off the St Mirren bus as you would have it. We are all fans on here (well, the considerable majority are) and we hurt when things are going badly.

This doesn't need to be a point scoring exercise.  People are concerned, and will quite justifiably express that on here and elsewhere.

Edited by Drew

I’m sickened by this . I am shocked and saddened at the turmoil going on At our club. Surely to god the chairman isn’t sitting there just allowing this car crash to take place

Hardly turmoil, is it?

Turmoil is protesting outside council headquarters so they’ll give us planning permission for a new stadium that’ll save the club from non-existing. Calm down.

7 hours ago, Drew said:

I certainly hadn't made my mind up about Stubbs as soon as he was appointed, nor would I ever be smug in response to St Mirren falling on hard times.

It is blatantly obvious to anyone who applies a bit of reason to our current situation that we are in a very precarious position. Why would anyone be pleased or smug about that?

It's a real shame when we were in such a fantastic position. No-one is jumping off the St Mirren bus as you would have it. We are all fans on here (well, the considerable majority are) and we hurt when things are going badly.

This doesn't need to be a point scoring exercise.  People are concerned, and will quite justifiably express that on here and elsewhere.

No, you didn't make your mind up but you can read some of the absolute nonsense that's been posted on here for some time.

You did post you were going to "lay off the negativity" but couldn't resist posting more yet again? 

We were in such a fantastic position.........................you're not trying to tell me that last seasons team would have seen us through this season?

Yip, there's hurt and there's utter tripe posted against the manager.

The willingness for "supporters" to throw the towel in at this stage is, well, disappointing.

Repeating the concern on here again and again and again doesn't seem justified, comes across as very much a point scoring exercise. 

Just read on Twitter Cammy Smith could be part of a swap deal with Dundee United Ketting . Gulp hope not. 

Is the rumour not swap Cammy for Keatings at United? [emoji58]

Keatings was in the press this year talking about his battle with depression. Would suggest the last thing he needs is to sign for us.

8 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Struggling isn't the issue though FS. Most of us accept this is going to be the case. 

Not being competitive or even looking like we are on the same level as the teams we are facing is the issue. I've watched us in all games this season apart from against Queen's Park and more often than not, we have looked incapable. Losing is not an issue if we look like there is something there as a basis to improve on. 

We aren't seeing that though and it's a massive concern. 

28 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

The upside to all this may be watching the knickerwetters have to wring oot their breeks about five o clock tomorrow evening.

if St Mirren & Stubbzo could do GIRFUY Saturdays......

There's two chances of that happening none and  absoulutely none.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

No, you didn't make your mind up but you can read some of the absolute nonsense that's been posted on here for some time.

You did post you were going to "lay off the negativity" but couldn't resist posting more yet again? 

We were in such a fantastic position.........................you're not trying to tell me that last seasons team would have seen us through this season?

Yip, there's hurt and there's utter tripe posted against the manager.

The willingness for "supporters" to throw the towel in at this stage is, well, disappointing.

Repeating the concern on here again and again and again doesn't seem justified, comes across as very much a point scoring exercise. 

If you think people have thrown in the towel, then that would suggest that the club don't really need that kind of support, so why even bother with them?

You can't help but jump on things, and it often seems that you are doing it simply to generate a wee bit of a stooshie. That's fine, but it can grate a little when many of us are already feeling pretty scunnered about things.

Just now, Drew said:

If you think people have thrown in the towel, then that would suggest that the club don't really need that kind of support, so why even bother with them?

You can't help but jump on things, and it often seems that you are doing it simply to generate a wee bit of a stooshie. That's fine, but it can grate a little when many of us are already feeling pretty scunnered about things.

Aye, scunnered that it has to be said again, and again, and......................