Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

On paper Cotterill looks like he'd be a good suspension but slightly suspicious of why he's been on a free for so long. It's not like Ferdinand who was released just before the window shut, would have thought someone down south would have taken a punt on him in the summer.

The Coustrain thing will probably just be a case of us being linked with random guys playing in Ireland.

1 hour ago, Stu said:

On paper Cotterill looks like he'd be a good suspension but slightly suspicious of why he's been on a free for so long. It's not like Ferdinand who was released just before the window shut, would have thought someone down south would have taken a punt on him in the summer.

The Coustrain thing will probably just be a case of us being linked with random guys playing in Ireland.

He appears to have left his club in India in March after only a couple of months there to come home for his wife giving birth (according to Wiki).

So he's not been out of football all that long to be fair...maybe spending a bit of time with his newborn? He's been a consistent 30-40 games a season player for most of his career, mostly in the English Championship as well.

Edited by djchapsticks

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

I'd imagine it must just be a fitness thing rather than ability. Goalscoring wingers at this point in proceedings are at an absolute premium. 

Believe he can play the 2nd striker role as well or just in behind.

If he is fit I think he would be a fantastic signing.

Just has to log on here. Plenty experts saying where we are going wrong. Lol i include myself on that [emoji14]

Do you really need to be an expert to tell we needed to replace harry Davis and Lewis Morgan.

Stubbs brought in young inexperienced defenders didn’t even bother to bring in a natural winger and just let the only other one we had go.

2 hours ago, buddies1877 said:

Amazing how Oran can see our problem positions straight away yet Stubbs seemed completely oblivious

Yet some on here seem to think the board believe Oran hasn't got it in him and his replacement is now in place. :wacko: 

Edited by pod

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Shame, that. 

We need guys who are at least realtively ready to go rather than in a month from now. I'm guessing Cotterill falls into the latter. 

We're now approaching a month on from the closing of the window , it's unlikely that any players who are out of contract will be "ready to go" ! Let's hope it was us that turned him down rather than the other way round ,  we're crying out for a dead-ball expert , and I seriously hope he doesn't turn up at any of our rivals !

2 minutes ago, munoz said:

We are supposedly interested in Dutch winger Morad El Haddouti according to the BBC gossip page.  

Under contract, so couldn't join up until January. Motherwell also interested, seemingly.