Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

TBH , re Cotterill , unless there's some other reason we're not being told about , I would have signed him , whether we had to wait a month on him or not. He's a quality player , would have given us width and a dead ball threat. Waiting one month on him is better than waiting 3 months on the window surely !

9 hours ago, billyg said:

TBH , re Cotterill , unless there's some other reason we're not being told about , I would have signed him , whether we had to wait a month on him or not. He's a quality player , would have given us width and a dead ball threat. Waiting one month on him is better than waiting 3 months on the window surely !

We don't know the full story as you suggest. Perhaps he was looking for silly money?

16 hours ago, billyg said:

Got to trust the manager on this.  Might have been easy to say yes but regret it later. 

On 9/20/2018 at 4:23 PM, Hendo said:

But it was Stubbs who preferred most of these players to Heaton and he didn't have a clue. Yes. OK brought in Ferdinand, but Heaton is currently injured and not available for selection. 

Have to agree. It's unfair that some are already writing off Heaton and Cooke with us, despite only seeing a short run out of them.

Players have to adapt to a different level and some react quicker than others. Heaton has been injured and from what i believe not up to speed in terms of fitness prior to this. Cooke has also been injured and possibly finding it a little difficult to get up to speed.

We are so short in numbers due to injuries now. No disrespect to Kirkpatrick, though off the back of last season, I didn't think he would be anywhere near the team this season. Is that possibly down to hard work or us being down to short numbers in midfield now? 

On 9/22/2018 at 7:29 AM, Wendy Saintss said:

Regarding Cotterill, what I don’t understand is how professional football players let themselves get out of shape.

Since his last club, the guy would have had so much time on his hands go get himself fit.

Highlights a bad attitude and poor work ethic IMO.

I guess if he was fit though and had a good attitude he’d have been nowhere near us and be with a Championship club right now!

He's been in the press recently about him going through depression. 

1 hour ago, kevo_smfc said:

Have to agree. It's unfair that some are already writing off Heaton and Cooke with us, despite only seeing a short run out of them.

Players have to adapt to a different level and some react quicker than others. Heaton has been injured and from what i believe not up to speed in terms of fitness prior to this. Cooke has also been injured and possibly finding it a little difficult to get up to speed.

We are so short in numbers due to injuries now. No disrespect to Kirkpatrick, though off the back of last season, I didn't think he would be anywhere near the team this season. Is that possibly down to hard work or us being down to short numbers in midfield now? 

Kirkpatrick played well against Killie in the first game of the season, before picking up an injury.

23 hours ago, Drew said:

We don't know the full story as you suggest. Perhaps he was looking for silly money?

I don't know anything about the player, what shape he is in, any injuries he has had which may have slowed him down or hampered his mobility, or indeed any external issues which may affect him, but I'd sign him anyway...

:ph34r:

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

I would take a chance , maybe focus the deal on having support for his problems in place and ensuring his family stay in a place that allows him a good quality of life. As has often been said , if a quality player is available to a club like St Mirren , there is often an issue with the player that makes him available . 

That said , I don,t know how much quality he showed when he was training with us.

5 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Rumour on P & B that we have a striker with a decent scoring record in England on trial.

International experience and he’s played in the English championship and scored the winning goal in the championship play off final a few years ago. As with all free agents his level of fitness will probably dictate where he is in terms of match fitness.

The plot thickens. Only players out of contract (possibly) who have not played up here and scored Play-off winners in the last 10 years are Zamora (retired)and Taylor-Fletcher (Marl Yardley's shorts). Zamora is a close friend of Ferdinand , has business ties with him and Rio !

Edited by billyg

Ok, I have now prioritised trying to find out who the mystery striker is over finishing a report at work, and can exclusively reveal he doesn't exist. There is no striker who scored the winner in either a championship or league 1 play off final in England, since 2008, with international experience and who is also a free agent and isn't retired. So, either someone is telling porkies or the internet is broken.