Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

2 hours ago, billyg said:

Without tip-toeing round about things because he's last season's hero  , McGinn has been poor all season , there's no getting away from it.  McGinn on one leg should be able to handle  Tom f**kin' Taiwo but he couldn't live with him , as Accies tore gaping holes in our midfield. Obviously Kyle's a big miss , but if we can get a settled midfield without the two of them McGinn might struggle to get back in. Is McShane close ? Otherwise , Flynn , Willock , Edwards and Smith , with   A.N.Other ?   and Mullen further forward !

If McGinn has been carrying an Injury there lies the under par performance. We have seen enough to know he could play at a bigger club than Saints Billy. 

In fairness, most of the games were under Stubbs, so that has to be factored in as a mitigating circumstance.
We then had the Celtic perfomance which was very encouraging and in which all played their part. Saturday was hellish, but it is possible Stephen was already carrying his injury and the bloody plastic pitch wouldn't have helped. I think a good few players were holding back on Saturday. I'm not suggesting that is acceptable, but it was certainly apparent given that we were second to every ball.
The injuries to both Magennis and McGinn are nightmarish if the latter also proves to be of significant duration. No two ways about that.
The longer Stubbs is away, the less he can be blamed for performances. The manager will get as much time as he needs from me. The players may find they don't get quite as long if they don't perform for him.

2 minutes ago, Soctty said:
1 hour ago, Drew said:
In fairness, most of the games were under Stubbs, so that has to be factored in as a mitigating circumstance.
We then had the Celtic perfomance which was very encouraging and in which all played their part. Saturday was hellish, but it is possible Stephen was already carrying his injury and the bloody plastic pitch wouldn't have helped. I think a good few players were holding back on Saturday. I'm not suggesting that is acceptable, but it was certainly apparent given that we were second to every ball.
The injuries to both Magennis and McGinn are nightmarish if the latter also proves to be of significant duration. No two ways about that.

The longer Stubbs is away, the less he can be blamed for performances. The manager will get as much time as he needs from me. The players may find they don't get quite as long if they don't perform for him.

I didn't blame Stubbs for any matches when he wasn't responsible.

My point was in relation to people criticising McGinn's performances throughout the season. Most of the season so far was under Stubbs, and everything that went along with that.

Aside from the state of the squad, I'm not holding Stubbs responsible for anything now.

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

What if he hasn't? 

Three possible scenarios.  First.. That he isn't up to this level of football.  I believe he is.  Second.. He is carrying an Injury.  This appears to be the case.  Third.. That he needs a break. 

What exactly is your point.  IOBS put forward a perfectly reasonable póst. 

I didn't blame Stubbs for any matches when he wasn't responsible.
My point was in relation to people criticising McGinn's performances throughout the season. Most of the season so far was under Stubbs, and everything that went along with that.
Aside from the state of the squad, I'm not holding Stubbs responsible for anything now.
Was more a general comment. Every player got a clean slate from me when Kearney took over, including those who were so good last season and poor this season. Eventually poor performance will lead to losing places in the team.

Aye but it was Stubbs fault, he was carrying an injury, etc......................seems to be untouchable to some, like Ross was at times. 

Perhaps because like Ross - he has performed his job to a very high standard during the majority of his time with us.
Like Ross, he performs his job with genuine passion and care for the club and its fans.
He has been playing in an omni-shambles of a team for the majority of the season, in the 2 games since Stubbs, we exceeded expectations in 1 and failed badly in the other.
He isn’t untouchable, he had a bad game.
He also isn’t as useless as some posters insist and he definitely deserves a bit more time and patience with our new regime and tactics (and to get properly fit) given his impact since January 2017.

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

Maybe you could learn to read and treat other posters with some respect, especially when they do what you don't do and put their money where their mouth is and actually attend games.

Does turning up give you the right to spout shite at other supporters? 

Your utter stupidity never fails to make me laugh, accepting IOBS post and making a big deal of my response shown you are an utter tosser.:lol:

11 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Does turning up give you the right to spout shite at other supporters? 

Your utter stupidity never fails to make me laugh, accepting IOBS post and making a big deal of my response shown you are an utter tosser.:lol:

You are sad and delusional F Man.  Maybe you just don't get it.  Very few people like the way you treat others is my guess. 

A lot do egg you on to make an utter fool of yourself though.. Something you do very successfully. 

Just cut out the bad mouthing is my advice.  

You are sad and delusional F Man.  Maybe you just don't get it.  Very few people like the way you treat others is my guess. 

A lot do egg you on to make an utter fool of yourself though.. Something you do very successfully. 

Just cut out the bad mouthing is my advice.  

As usual you avoid answering the question and spout the same old.  :1eye

Run along, you're out of your depth. :byebye

6 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

^^^^^ Almost in tears. :1eye

Bet you don't, ya walloper. :lol:

You definitely can't read.  That was a warning to others that you are around and spouting your usual bile.

I enjoy the laugh I get when you post too much to put you on ignore. 

Makes my day to see you struggle to be lucid. 

Edited by St.Ricky

You definitely can't read.  That was a warning to others that you are around and spouting your usual bile.

I enjoy the laugh I get when you post too much to put you on ignore. 

Makes my day to see you struggle to be lucid. 

Told ya. :1eye

You certainly can't read, or answer questions, a sure sign you're not the full shilling. :byebye

I await your next repetitive reply.................tick tock. :lol: