Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Thomas Reilly??

If I remember correct after struggling to break into the team he was converted into a midfielder (when we got relegated) and last time I heard he was in the League 2 TOTY playing in that position for Elgin.

Jon McShane was another striker who promised a lot, we loaned him to Championship sides where he done well. We then swapped him for Dougie Imrie and he’s now down under playing lower league football... the only thing you can really question the academy about is the lack of strikers coming through.

1 hour ago, munoz said:

As I thought. 

As expected you were using the opportunity to have a go at Gus. I’ve got no axe to grind with David Longwell who did a fabulous job. People change in football just like in any other business, Why not get behind Gus and give him the support he deserves in order to improve many aspects of recruitment process at the club, including pro youth. 

20 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

If I remember correct after struggling to break into the team he was converted into a midfielder (when we got relegated) and last time I heard he was in the League 2 TOTY playing in that position for Elgin.

Jon McShane was another striker who promised a lot, we loaned him to Championship sides where he done well. We then swapped him for Dougie Imrie and he’s now down under playing lower league football... the only thing you can really question the academy about is the lack of strikers coming through.

Very hard to bring through a good forward for a club our size

They are snapped up or poached by the bigger clubs

I would do away with the pro youth system and back to S forms

27 minutes ago, class of 76-77 said:

As expected you were using the opportunity to have a go at Gus. I’ve got no axe to grind with David Longwell who did a fabulous job. People change in football just like in any other business, Why not get behind Gus and give him the support he deserves in order to improve many aspects of recruitment process at the club, including pro youth. 

I'll get behind the club as I always do. Employees come and go.

Also , I don't really get the "As expected " ? I've not been overly critical of the Gus appointment. He's not my cup of tea , but that's my prerogative. 

19 minutes ago, munoz said:

I'll get behind the club as I always do. Employees come and go.

Also , I don't really get the "As expected " ? I've not been overly critical of the Gus appointment. He's not my cup of tea , but that's my prerogative. 

Fair enough, a decent response. You are one of the fair minded posters on here. I’m a fan of Gus having met the man on a good few ocassions, I’ve always found him to be a gent. 

I do however understand that his appointment split the fans to a degree, but for me he deserves his chance to prove that he can deliver in his new role. 

Edited by class of 76-77

1 hour ago, W6Saint said:

Now with Forfar, along side another two ex's  Hilson and Baird.

34 minutes ago, pod said:

Lewis McGugan ?  :whistle

He's a familiar name, mainly from watching soccer Saturday, career seems to have nose dived a bit since leaving Forest, not sure what that's about. Not played since January, so might be behind in terms of fitness. That, of course, if it is him.