Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

What a steal that would be.
Good to see us aiming high, rather than the 6th or 7th tier of English football supplemented by players who haven’t played a senior game...

Simeon Jackson played in the 6th and 7th tiers of English football before making it as a full time professional.

Wouldn’t it be great to get a player like Jackson at the start of his full time professional career rather than the tail end?

Simeon Jackson played in the 6th and 7th tiers of English football before making it as a full time professional.

Wouldn’t it be great to get a player like Jackson at the start of his full time professional career rather than the tail end?

Yes, it would be!
I would love us to unearth a Louis Moult or such likes... but we haven’t, as performances show (along with the sporadic use of these players by the man that signed them and his replacement).

I hope, and pray any free agents signed can kick on in the team, but it is a sign on our part of desparation going into October and signing guys all over the place. stubbs got it wrong with so many non-league, or players who werent playing first team football.

But you have to remember it is the same board identifying and bringing these guys in for Oran to run the rule over, as it was sanctioning the fees and signings Stubbs made. Again i hope anyone signed can hit the ground running, we have made a pigs ear of this type of panic appointment in the past!

as an aside, I would be more worried about desperate Dundee Utd trying to gazump us on Simeon Jackson than I would about their near neighbours!

10 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I hope, and pray any free agents signed can kick on in the team, but it is a sign on our part of desparation going into October and signing guys all over the place. stubbs got it wrong with so many non-league, or players who werent playing first team football.

But you have to remember it is the same board identifying and bringing these guys in for Oran to run the rule over, as it was sanctioning the fees and signings Stubbs made. Again i hope anyone signed can hit the ground running, we have made a pigs ear of this type of panic appointment in the past!

as an aside, I would be more worried about desperate Dundee Utd trying to gazump us on Simeon Jackson than I would about their near neighbours!

Yes but Gus has been brought in to rectify some of these issues so if he is doing his job properly there should be a marked improvement in the area or recruitment.

20 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Yes but Gus has been brought in to rectify some of these issues so if he is doing his job properly there should be a marked improvement in the area or recruitment.

Exactly......

So the BOD have realised their error and put in a trusted solution

And we all hope like hell- That is going to work ...................

I know we are pissed off with what has happened. Jack leaving, delay in  McGinn sale, Stubbs being an utter car crash- These things have all happened in basically 14 weeks, and here we are with a new manager, a TD, and seemingly all pulling the same way....

Us fans need to do the same , and appreciate all thats happened, the injury list, the options till Jan , and that its going to be all about survival  

Edited by DougJamie

59 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Would hope so, bit i doubt Gus has played any part in lining up Lyness, Jackson or the ex Fiorintina lad?

Why would you doubt that for Lyness, Jackson or the Fiorintina lad?  Deal for MacPherson seems to have been lined up since OK came in, don't see any evidence to think he wouldn't likely be involved.