Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

5 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

We can all play guessing games but the truth will emerge as and when it does...

Loan players that are injured can usually go back to parent clubs and their insurance covers their pay (at least in part). Often there are get out clauses too..(it is not working out for the player or the club  etc.)

With our current injury list OK needs to make sure he does not let anyone go who might be needed, but it would not surprise me if a few go back and some of the squad are loaned to other teams at least by the close of the January window. I am not sure we can afford to keep a number who need further developing, while claiming Premiership wages.

Hey ho - that is management.. and I do feel that we now have some very good management now in place.

The next dun utd manager might be in the market for an emergency loan or two?

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

That's debatable.  Wouldn't do it unless we brought in a more experienced replacement though.

CG. is right that Pay Offs will cost money that might impinge on our budget for bringing in players but there may be ways to reduce that through transfers out.

Who are we selling for a fee ???

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Can the loan players be sent back ? 

Yes Ian , according to GLS , the loan contracts can be ended in January , which would mean Brock-Madsen  , Jones and probably Willock  going back to their clubs , if Adam Eck gets back and Hamill materialises Coulson will likely be sent back too . I'd imagine we can send Heaton , Cooke and King out on loan , in the case of Heaton and Cooke , their former clubs would take them back in the blink of an eye , and King was close to a loan at the end of the last window so that may happen in January too . Jackson ( if he's not up to it) and Lyness are only contracted until January too. That would be 9 off the wage bill at least , and scope to bring in new players. 

16 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Who are we selling for a fee ???

I wasn't suggesting that we would be selling anybody for a fee.  A transfer reduces our wage bill.  Sometimes a small fee paid to a player encourages them to move on and is cheaper by far than buying out their contract.  Other options are available. See post by Billyg and others. 

Edited by St.Ricky

2 hours ago, billyg said:

Yes Ian , according to GLS , the loan contracts can be ended in January , which would mean Brock-Madsen  , Jones and probably Willock  going back to their clubs , if Adam Eck gets back and Hamill materialises Coulson will likely be sent back too . I'd imagine we can send Heaton , Cooke and King out on loan , in the case of Heaton and Cooke , their former clubs would take them back in the blink of an eye , and King was close to a loan at the end of the last window so that may happen in January too . Jackson ( if he's not up to it) and Lyness are only contracted until January too. That would be 9 off the wage bill at least , and scope to bring in new players. 

Lyness I'd imagine is just short term cover, but Jackson looks the part and I'd be surprised if his deal isn't extended to the end of the season. Heaton I think may also have a part to play, just back from injury and he was on the bench on Saturday ahead of Jones and Kpekewa.

Would like to think we can get Coulson in the team. He isn't a defender (contrary to what he and his club seem to think), his crossing at the moment is a bit pish but he can beat a man and could be that creative spark we are looking for when attacking.
And that would give some much needed left sided balance with him at left mid and some decent pace

14 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Adam Hammil apparently agreed to sign and announcement today/tomorrow when terms/medical finalised.

Excellent news. He's obviously still in very decent shape then.

McGugan next and I think we'll be in a very decent place having significantly strengthened defence, midfield, wing and attack and added Goalkeeper backup since OK has arrived. 

21 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Excellent news. He's obviously still in very decent shape then.

McGugan next and I think we'll be in a very decent place having significantly strengthened defence, midfield, wing and attack and added Goalkeeper backup since OK has arrived. 

Must make the decision easier when you walk in the dressing room and Anton Ferdinand is sitting there. Great news. 

5 minutes ago, class of 76-77 said:

Pity about McGugan as he is a very talented player. Hammill would be a teriffic signing.

I’d suggest McGugan is probably done with top level football. Hardly kicked a ball in three years and struggling to get a contract with the likes of Northampton or ourselves.