Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

1 hour ago, Spam_Valley said:

Wouldn't miss Edwards if he never played for us again. Done absolutely nothing other than run around in his games since joining. We need footballers not long distance runners.

I like Edwards. High energy and gives the opposition no time on the ball. The big plus for me is that I think Flynn looks more effective with Edwards in the team. 

1 hour ago, Drew said:

Ferdinand, Jackson, and Hammill.

Most of us would have been quite happy to have seen these payers sign during the window, so to bring them in now looks to be very sound business.

They probably weren't available to us during the window.

They were probably aiming higher than us and looking for more money back then. Moves didn't come off and they then lowered their sights.

18 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

They probably weren't available to us during the window.

They were probably aiming higher than us and looking for more money back then. Moves didn't come off and they then lowered their sights.

Aye, quite possibly.

Still, the point stands that they are probably a bit higher in terms of standard than we might have expected as out of contract options.

8 minutes ago, Drew said:

Aye, quite possibly.

Still, the point stands that they are probably a bit higher in terms of standard than we might have expected as out of contract options.

Yeh, agreed. Its quite surprising. The end of the transfer window wasn't such a disaster after all.

Maybe we should have given Stubbs a bit more time...... :ph34r:

3 hours ago, Spam_Valley said:

Wouldn't miss Edwards if he never played for us again. Done absolutely nothing other than run around in his games since joining. We need footballers not long distance runners.

Pretty much what a Thistle fan said to me about him. 

1 hour ago, jonjo said:

Coulson. Jones. Okeefe. Madsen. King. Cooke. Kpekawa all training with twenties now to try and push them out and I believe Madsen has walked out already

:blink: Bloody hell. That's a horrifying indictment of Stubbs' recruitment this summer (not that we were in any doubt that he'd f**ked it up).

I had especially high hopes for Coulson and Jones - and you'd imagine neither of their parent clubs would be happy with them sitting in the reserves. They'd surely be better off in their domestic under-23s.

Ah well, at least this is all behind us.

1 hour ago, jonjo said:

Coulson. Jones. Okeefe. Madsen. King. Cooke. Kpekawa all training with twenties now to try and push them out and I believe Madsen has walked out already

So Madsen is training with the U20's.... and..! He has walked out???

feck me if he can be in two different places at once Oran should have him in the team..!

but.. oh heck.. would that make it three different places at once then..?