Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

13 minutes ago, paul torfason said:

A see Cody Cooke scored hat trick midweek against Falkirk,a would imagine he should get a start Saturday instead of Jackson

Good to see he,s sticking in and making progress, be interesting to see if he gets a chance coming off the bench , might also increase his chances of getting a loan deal and regular first team football , to continue his development.

1 hour ago, paul torfason said:

A see Cody Cooke scored hat trick midweek against Falkirk,a would imagine he should get a start Saturday instead of Jackson

Couple of really tidy finishes in there, too. One, especially, was a belter.

Edit: here they are, in case people haven't seen them:

Edited by Magic Monkey

On 11/29/2018 at 9:02 AM, MenstrieSaint said:

I would have kept Stellios as cover or both full backs , and a great option to have on the bench , when he comes of the bench he gives the crowd a lift , which potentially gives the rest of the team a lift and ups their game .

Possibiility he grew frustrated at lack of game time last season as much as him being released. It doesn't seem to have worked out for him in Dingwall either this season. 

First season, i'd have said a few clubs would have been sniffing around him last summer, though his lack of game time last season never put him in the shop window.  I'm not sure if he is the right standard for this level. As much as i liked him, his performance against premier opposition in Aberdeen in the cup was a horror show.

17 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

Possibiility he grew frustrated at lack of game time last season as much as him being released. It doesn't seem to have worked out for him in Dingwall either this season. 

First season, i'd have said a few clubs would have been sniffing around him last summer, though his lack of game time last season never put him in the shop window.  I'm not sure if he is the right standard for this level. As much as i liked him, his performance against premier opposition in Aberdeen in the cup was a horror show.

Whilst I would want a better quality player in the starting line up , I think he would be a good option for most teams to have on the bench , not only does he provide cover , he can also lift the crowd , we could have done with him on Saturday

On 12/2/2018 at 10:40 PM, St.Ricky said:

Looks to be a clinical finisher.  Some great crosses delivered to him as well. 

That Ricky is the key to the door. First you need to feed a striker going down the middle of the park will create less chances than playing wide. Something we don't do enough of in my opinion. 

It is great if we can get a prolific goal scorer.

However, who is going to provide the service?

I know this is a bit negative and in recent games we have actually created more chances than the average in previously in games, but I think we need something special in midfield too. Someone who can spot a run and lay on an inch perfect pass through the defence and pitch in with goals himself. (Hammill can a bit, P McGinn can hit in a percentage of his crosses and Magennis is a great individual, however, we need better players in a number of positions. The quality needs improving. better players are more consistent.

I speculate that we will offload 6 players and bring in at least 4 in January. Three of which will star for us over the remainder of the season and we will survive to build better for next year. Oh and Oran will go on to be a legend with us.

(All this with no alcohol or drugs man)

6 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

It is great if we can get a prolific goal scorer.

However, who is going to provide the service?

I know this is a bit negative and in recent games we have actually created more chances than the average in previously in games, but I think we need something special in midfield too. Someone who can spot a run and lay on an inch perfect pass through the defence and pitch in with goals himself. (Hammill can a bit, P McGinn can hit in a percentage of his crosses and Magennis is a great individual, however, we need better players in a number of positions. The quality needs improving. better players are more consistent.

I speculate that we will offload 6 players and bring in at least 4 in January. Three of which will star for us over the remainder of the season and we will survive to build better for next year. Oh and Oran will go on to be a legend with us.

(All this with no alcohol or drugs man)

I think we must be looking closer to 10 out the door. I couldn't pick 10 myself that look obvious, maybe half of that, though if OK wants to trim his squad to 21/22, he will have to get rid of that many if he wants to bring in his own players and be left with  a squad of 21/22.

3 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

I think we must be looking closer to 10 out the door. I couldn't pick 10 myself that look obvious, maybe half of that, though if OK wants to trim his squad to 21/22, he will have to get rid of that many if he wants to bring in his own players and be left with  a squad of 21/22.

I agree, it may even be more... but depends on whether players are willing to go or if they are offered pay-offs and take them...

Now is not the time to name names though... let's see what comes out in the wash.

Edited by Sweeper07
Added later lines

Would get rid of Rogers , Hodgson , Heaton , McKenzie , Eckersley , Flynn , Willock , McShane , Edwards and Kirkpatrick and hope to get six players in , experienced keeper , centre half and holding midfielder and three attacking players . 

Would hope new signings could gel with Ferdinand , Hammill , John McGinn , Magennis , Jackson and Stephen McGinn to get a decent starting eleven .

Lynass , Baird , Jones , Erahon , Mullen , McPherson  and Smith would make up the rest of the squad .