Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

2 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Would get rid of Rogers , Hodgson , Heaton , McKenzie , Eckersley , Flynn , Willock , McShane , Edwards and Kirkpatrick and hope to get six players in , experienced keeper , centre half and holding midfielder and three attacking players . 

Would hope new signings could gel with Ferdinand , Hammill , John McGinn , Magennis , Jackson and Stephen McGinn to get a decent starting eleven .

Lynass , Baird , Jones , Erahon , Mullen , McPherson  and Smith would make up the rest of the squad .

Add Cole Kepenya to that list to get rid of forgot about him

No point in anyone mentioning Mackenzie as a potential outgoing. He's not going to be fit until February so no one is going to be willing to take him on.

Lyness, Kpekawa, King, Heaton, Kirkpatrick, McShane, Flynn, Willock, Eckersley and possibly even Cammy Smith given he is apparently unhappy. Of course Hammill as well dependant on whether he wants to stay. 

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

No point in anyone mentioning Mackenzie as a potential outgoing. He's not going to be fit until February so no one is going to be willing to take him on.

Lyness, Kpekawa, King, Heaton, Kirkpatrick, McShane, Flynn, Willock, Eckersley and possibly even Cammy Smith given he is apparently unhappy. Of course Hammill as well dependant on whether he wants to stay. 

Is Heaton fit?

Going to be a bitter pill to swallow to walk away from the 75k transfer fee if he is really so bad we release him after 6 months!

Surely there must be some potential there?

18 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Would get rid of Rogers , Hodgson , Heaton , McKenzie , Eckersley , Flynn , Willock , McShane , Edwards and Kirkpatrick and hope to get six players in , experienced keeper , centre half and holding midfielder and three attacking players . 

Would hope new signings could gel with Ferdinand , Hammill , John McGinn , Magennis , Jackson and Stephen McGinn to get a decent starting eleven .

Lynass , Baird , Jones , Erahon , Mullen , McPherson  and Smith would make up the rest of the squad .

1st choice keeper will be going nowhere ! I reckon Smith's days in Paisley are numbered 

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

Is Heaton fit?

Going to be a bitter pill to swallow to walk away from the 75k transfer fee if he is really so bad we release him after 6 months!

OK spoke about him a bit at the q and a a few weeks ago and didn't mention a lack of fitness or injury keeping him out the team.

Said that it's Josh's job to make him select him. The fact that he hasn't yet speaks volumes in my opinion. 

29 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

OK spoke about him a bit at the q and a a few weeks ago and didn't mention a lack of fitness or injury keeping him out the team.

Said that it's Josh's job to make him select him. The fact that he hasn't yet speaks volumes in my opinion. 

Very expensive lesson learned hopefully.

Don't get the wish to get rid of Hodgson since he moved to right back he has been one of the betters players in the team.  Also puzzled how Willock could start nearly every match for a much better St Johnstone side than we have at present and struggles to get in the squad, in fact I thought he done well last night when he came on showed a willingness to put his foot in and had good composure on the ball.  Much rather loose Edwards than either of these two.

3 hours ago, Iamhammer said:

Don't get the wish to get rid of Hodgson since he moved to right back he has been one of the betters players in the team.  Also puzzled how Willock could start nearly every match for a much better St Johnstone side than we have at present and struggles to get in the squad, in fact I thought he done well last night when he came on showed a willingness to put his foot in and had good composure on the ball.  Much rather loose Edwards than either of these two.

I agree with most of this but Edwards is,  in my opinion,  a decent squad player with high energy levels.  I would keep him. 

5 hours ago, Iamhammer said:

Willock played in only 11 or 12 games for the Fakes and I think a number of these were only as a sub...

Like you I think Hodson is a player we should hang onto unless we can get someone even better...

32 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Willock played in only 11 or 12 games for the Fakes and I think a number of these were only as a sub...

Like you I think Hodson is a player we should hang onto unless we can get someone even better...

12 games and started 7.

40 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

I'm presuming Magennis and Mullin?  Are we talking long term or what?

No clear answers on either yet.  Thoughts seemed to be that both would be assessed today.  If Magennis has a hamstring injury then talk is that he may be out for4 weeks. 

11 hours ago, Kemp said:

Is Heaton fit?

Heaton can go out on loan to get experiece , same goes for King and Kepwena , but not going to be part of our plans this season