Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Also suggested we might be in for Paul Smyth, 21 year old northern Ireland international currently at QPR, won their young player of the year last season but out of favour this. 

If true, i'd imagine both him and Lyons would be loan signings, which probably means cheerio to some of our current loanees. 

53 minutes ago, eastlandssaint said:

Ful International caps, hoping Jimmy Nichol can work his magic, 

14 minutes ago, John Gotti said:

I just hope he is also bringing in a couple of nasty bastards to help us deal with the Hamilton’s of the league.

Totally agree, we need a couple of them, one at centre half, and one to play in front of the back four. 

18 hours ago, W6Saint said:

I’d expect a few of Oran’s fellow countrymen to appear in January

I can possibly see this happening, as long as they ARE NOT currently playing in either the Irish republic or Northern Irish Leagues. OK clearly stated at his Q&A, that it would be unfair and possibly a risk to sign a player from a part-time league to full-time set-up during such a crucial time in the season.

7 hours ago, aldo_j said:

I see Accies have been linked with Tansey. Seems to have not worked for him at Aberdeen, but always liked the look of him at ICT.

Wouldn’t mind seeing him down our way.

The type of signing we should be chasing, six foot plus, has goals in him, spfl experience point to prove, wonder if Brian Rice knows him well enough to convince him to come to us. 

45 minutes ago, ron said:

The fact Osman walked round thebtrack and then sat in with the Sts fans would suggest there might be some truth in rumour he might be joining?

He was captain at Thistle. He is 31, experienced and a big strong guy. My only concern would be that he missed a lot of last season due to a shoulder injury. 

18 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

He was captain at Thistle. He is 31, experienced and a big strong guy. My only concern would be that he missed a lot of last season due to a shoulder injury. 

He was poor for Thistle across the last year and was heavily criticised by their fans. Wouldn’t be overly excited by the signing.