Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

16 hours ago, Transfer news said:

I was sitting near Abdul Osman at the game today. Could he sign in January, not going to well for him in Greece 

Supposedly only there to see his mate Ryan Edwards. Someone from our bus asked him if he was signing. 

26 minutes ago, Transfer news said:

Hopefully we are making around 5 January signings. I'm hoping for a Holding Midfielder, an Attaking Midfielder, A Striker, And a Right And left Winger

We also need a keeper (if Rodgers returns to Aberdeen) and a left back. If we keep Hammill and Smith I don't think we need an attacking midfielder and probably only need one wide player.

3 hours ago, Hendo said:

We also need a keeper (if Rodgers returns to Aberdeen) and a left back. If we keep Hammill and Smith I don't think we need an attacking midfielder and probably only need one wide player.

I think you’ll get your wish with regards to a leftback. Eckerlsey looks as if he’s on his way out and it’s completely unfair to expect a 17 year old to play out of position there for almost a full season.

1 hour ago, Transfer news said:

Yes. The only positive of him leaving is it frees up the wage budget

Looks like we can add an experienced centre half to the incomings we will need then. There's a rumour on the Facebook page that a lot of the business has already been done, though this could of course be a load of pish.

8 hours ago, Hendo said:

Looks like we can add an experienced centre half to the incomings we will need then. There's a rumour on the Facebook page that a lot of the business has already been done, though this could of course be a load of pish.

I was in favour of bringing Gus aboard; I think it's a good appointment and structurally a sound strategy.

But if the business hasn't yet been done, I'd be very keen on finding out what the hell he's been doing :lol:

1 hour ago, Magic Monkey said:

I was in favour of bringing Gus aboard; I think it's a good appointment and structurally a sound strategy.

But if the business hasn't yet been done, I'd be very keen on finding out what the hell he's been doing :lol:

Nothing is done till the player has signed on the dotted line. Jeez how many times have we been gazumped at the last minute?

and given only free agents can sign outside the window i'd think there may only be some agents dishing outbwarm words whilst they hawk their clients to the highest bidder. Latest rumour yesterday was Hammil to Sevco! Nah...

38 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Nothing is done till the player has signed on the dotted line. Jeez how many times have we been gazumped at the last minute?

Fair. I realise there won't be any guarantees, but you'd hope we'd have those assurances in place at least - even if they're technically worth f**k all. If we get gazumped, it would be annoying, but would show we've put in what work we can.

8 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

Fair. I realise there won't be any guarantees, but you'd hope we'd have those assurances in place at least - even if they're technically worth f**k all. If we get gazumped, it would be annoying, but would show we've put in what work we can.

Hopefully Gus had learned not to meet any agents on the M74/M6 within fifty miles of Carlisle?

13 hours ago, Hendo said:

If true does that mean there will be several signings and departures announced on January 1st

Edited by Transfer news

With players rumoured to be coming and going we need to makr sure they are of genuine quality. Dundee are clearing the decks with 6 players already being told to move on. I presume more will follow. We must bring in players of a better standing than those around us or this will be a wasted effort. The only player I have heard is the lad from Blackburn who played under Oran at Coleraine. Another gamble IMO but at least our manager rates him. Let's hope we can get the players in who can get us survival. 

5 hours ago, Ethan said:

With players rumoured to be coming and going we need to makr sure they are of genuine quality. Dundee are clearing the decks with 6 players already being told to move on. I presume more will follow. We must bring in players of a better standing than those around us or this will be a wasted effort. The only player I have heard is the lad from Blackburn who played under Oran at Coleraine. Another gamble IMO but at least our manager rates him. Let's hope we can get the players in who can get us survival. 

There is not a single player at our club that Blackburn would currently take, so I would trust Oran Kearney's judgement on that one

6 hours ago, Ethan said:

I hope we don't hear about any othets  until they are a done deal but yes,  we do need to strengthen. I think we all agree on that.