Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

55 minutes ago, Balmullo Bud said:

I might be wrong, but I think Tansey has only played 3 games in the last year. We need players that can come in ready to play. Would be a massive gamble, but if he was up to speed quickly then he is definitely the kind of player we need.

Agree with this although we might have to take one or two calculated risks given the time of year and availability. The January window is never easy to attract quality. 

34 minutes ago, munoz said:

Agree with this although we might have to take one or two calculated risks given the time of year and availability. The January window is never easy to attract quality. 

Article I read suggested that his original groin problem was made worse by a botched operation but a second one was carried out and had been successful. Also said that he would have returned to his old club under a clause in his contract had they stayed in the Premiership but,  as they hadn't, he stayed where he was.

Only a couple more days to go till we begin to see the results of all the hard work that has been going on behind the scenes...

Hope we all have a GREAT NEW YEAR - hope we get the best ones signed and sealed and stride away from the bottom 2 places...

Come on YE SAINTS

17 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Falkirk fan who claims to be ITK on P&B has put a list of players they have enquired about and Ryan Flynn's name appears on his list. 

Hopefully true. 

That's crux of the matter is how many we can shift out

I don't think any of our rivals will snap them up

Championship or lower for most of them

Think Alloa fancy Kirkpatrick, no surprise Falkirk fancy Flynn  , Smith and McShane played key roles in a championship winning team, so I can see a top Championship team fancying them. 

Some loanplayers could also end up going back to their clubs. 

And then. There's the ones we, ve already told to find another club, so it's looking like the ten plus out is very possible. 

Just hope the five plus coming in are of better quality. 

On 12/29/2018 at 9:55 AM, munoz said:

Agreed. In fairness look at Harry Davis, he didn’t play regularly but before his injury he helped to steady the ship, and he may have gone on to miss the start of the next season, but still ended up playing his part in getting us promoted too. Risks like this need to be taken with what's at stake. If the quality is there, go for it.

29 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Agreed. In fairness look at Harry Davis, he didn’t play regularly but before his injury he helped to steady the ship, and he may have gone on to miss the start of the next season, but still ended up playing his part in getting us promoted too. Risks like this need to be taken with what's at stake. If the quality is there, go for it.

Davies scored yesterday I believe; as did our ex striker who many bemoan the loss of

11 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

According to FlashScores Davis wasn’t in the squad. He did score twice against Notts County on the 22nd Dec though. Ross Stewart is doing well atm.

Davis has been doing well but got injured in the last game, hopefully not his knee again. Wee Gav is also back in the Bristol Rovers team, who have won their last three.

11 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:
12 hours ago, jaybee said:

Davies scored yesterday I believe; as did our ex striker who many bemoan the loss of

According to FlashScores Davis wasn’t in the squad. He did score twice against Notts County on the 22nd Dec though. Ross Stewart is doing well atm.

thank you for that, tch see what happens when you are a few programmes behind :)  and yes I did notice that ross had scored but I was referring to Reilly  

42 minutes ago, RossCSmfc said:

Would be happy if we picked up any of the below rumoured targets

• Scott Golbourne
  • Liam Polworth
  • Lewis Morgan (loan)
  • Paul Smyth (loan)
  • Joe Gormley
  • Brad Lyons (loan)

First three would be top of the list, although I'd imagine they'd be the most unlikely. 

Given that the green bigots seem to be interested in signing Ollie Burke on loan from WBA, it would look like Morgan could go out on loan.

If that's the case , then we need to be in pole position to sign him, if the opportunity arises.

17 minutes ago, Spam_Valley said:

I reckon Celtic will have Morgan planned for a team higher in the standings than ourselves if he were to go out on loan. Aberdeen / Hibs being possibilities. 

IF the rumour about Scott Allan is true - I think we can only have 1 on loan from a Premiership Club.

If so, Morgan or Allan - please not the LB Dundee have just sent back..

13 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

IF the rumour about Scott Allan is true - I think we can only have 1 on loan from a Premiership Club.

If so, Morgan or Allan - please not the LB Dundee have just sent back..

Lennon was interviewed after the derby about needing/wanting more attacking players in Jan and i reckon Allan might be one on his list.

I'm not 100% convinced on Allan to be truly honest. He's sold himself short everywhere but Hibernian. On his day he's excellent but we don't really need a player that we pray turns up every Saturday. We need players that are guaranteed to fight for the cause.