Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

15 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Of the few names mentioned, none give me hope that they would improve us and help avoid a disastrous drop. And if we lose Hammil and Anton there go our goals and precious clean sheets.

really struggling to think why good players would fancy us if they have other options? Hoping for a few miracles.

I guess the silver lining is we're still very close to Accies, & ahead of Dundee. We don't need a miracle as such, we just to need to be marginally less shite than those two clubs over the second half of the season. 

But yeah, we're a much worse team without Ferdinand and Hammill. There's a lot of quality needs to be added to this squad. Will be interesting to see what happens.

7 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Craig had McGinn, McLean, Teale, Thompson and Goodwin to build a team around. 

OK had Kpenya, Flynn, King, Willock and Kellerman. 

Not really comparing like with like

Obviously you didnt support Saints that year. Thommo and Teale were injured McGinn was 19 and McLean was played upfront as for your OK suggestions ..... how many of those u named has he played...... OK has a better squad and so far  9 less points.....

5 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Obviously you didnt support Saints that year. Thommo and Teale were injured McGinn was 19 and McLean was played upfront as for your OK suggestions ..... how many of those u named has he played...... OK has a better squad and so far  9 less points.....

In your opinion.

I, and I'm sure many others, disagree.

26 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

In the 2014/15 season, after 21 games, we had 11 points (won 3, drew 2, lost 16), one less than we have now, and with a team assembled by TC. 

There may be an argument that the current squad is better than that squad, but only because the four signings that OK has made has improved the quality immeasurably.

If you're going to quote statistics, at least make sure they are accurate.

1 hour ago, Magic Monkey said:

I guess the silver lining is we're still very close to Accies, & ahead of Dundee. We don't need a miracle as such, we just to need to be marginally less shite than those two clubs over the second half of the season. 

But yeah, we're a much worse team without Ferdinand and Hammill. There's a lot of quality needs to be added to this squad. Will be interesting to see what happens.

You are right..

We are Not Detached (as the thread on here says).  That's good news. Most of us know what we need, even if we disagree on the who. 

Now up to the BOD and Management to make it happen. 

Our Prospects 

Another thread says We Are Staying Up and we will,  IMO. 

Given our first few games after the break it still looks like it will be a close run thing with no clarity until mid March. 

No guarantees however.  

22 minutes ago, shull said:

We are in this League to hopefully try and win it. 

We are hopelessly detached from top spot. 

Yes, but surely our targets need to be fluid. When it becomes apparent we might not win the league, and might not qualify for Europe, or reach the top six, or finish best of the rest, then surely 'not getting relegated' becomes the target?

1 hour ago, Hendo said:

In the 2014/15 season, after 21 games, we had 11 points (won 3, drew 2, lost 16), one less than we have now, and with a team assembled by TC. 

There may be an argument that the current squad is better than that squad, but only because the four signings that OK has made has improved the quality immeasurably.

If you're going to quote statistics, at least make sure they are accurate.

We were 6 pts ahead of Ross county on 18 at split. 

11 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Yeah but we sold our best player as well as the highlanders signing another dozen players or so.

This time we need to be signing another 8 players and offloading double figures of those not good enough

52 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Smith for Scougall would be a terrible piece of business.

Worst case scenario , is swapping one player who can't get in the team on a regular basis , for another ! If we're talking 6 or 7 new players coming in then it's safe to say that Cammy wont be starting at all !

33 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Wrong again.

There was no break in 2014/15, other than to accommodate cup fixtures.

After game 18, we were one point ahead of County who were on 10 points.

Are you relying on your memory? All of this is easily checked via Wikipedia.

2 hours ago, Magic Monkey said:

Yes, but surely our targets need to be fluid. When it becomes apparent we might not win the league, and might not qualify for Europe, or reach the top six, or finish best of the rest, then surely 'not getting relegated' becomes the target?

It will be very fluid if we get relegatit.

Immense knickerwetting on here. 

Could not care less myself. 

Edited by shull

49 minutes ago, shull said:

It will be very fluid if we get relegatit.

Immense knickerwetting on here. 

Could not care less myself. 

I wouldn't be too upset.  Don't want it. Don't think it will happen but if it does,  as long  as it's not for want of trying,  then OK. 

2 hours ago, Hendo said:

Wrong again.

Must be a Lucid dream. We did finish on 30 pts and after McLean went we truely had a poor team

1 minute ago, DougJamie said:

Must be a Lucid dream. We did finish on 30 pts and after McLean went we truely had a poor team

We did beat County up there in January and I think were ahead of them by quite a few points in February, then they went on this crazy run of winning something like seven in nine and left us trailing in their wake.

One things for sure, if this transfer window is as poor as that one, we'll definitely get relegated. Confident that won't be the case though.

7 minutes ago, Hendo said:

We did beat County up there in January and I think were ahead of them by quite a few points in February, then they went on this crazy run of winning something like seven in nine and left us trailing in their wake.

One things for sure, if this transfer window is as poor as that one, we'll definitely get relegated. Confident that won't be the case though.

I hear Yohan Arquin is available

3 hours ago, Hendo said:

Wrong again.

2nd Jan and i am talking bollocks. Sorry sir your right...... i will put myself on ignore:P