Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

52 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Oran said they are going to sit down with Adam, so whats not to discuss, we need to attract quality not lose it................

Remember Saints gave this guy his window and back in October Hamill said he wanted to extend his stay...................

Maybe your Granny should have spoken to Oran :rolleyes:

Hammill said several weeks ago he'd be interested in extending his stay but of course things change over time. 

Oran said that he'd be sitting with guys in January in one of his post match interviews but clearly said that with regards to Hammill and Ferdinand in particular, there were other factors at play than just football. He didn't sound confident he'd be able to keep them on and that's how it's appearing to pan out. 

Edited by djchapsticks

13 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Hammill said several weeks ago he'd be interested in extending his stay but of course things change over time. 

Oran said that he'd be sitting with guys in January in one of his post match interviews but clearly said that with regards to Hammill and Ferdinand in particular, there were other factors at play than just football. He didn't sound confident he'd be able to keep them on and that's how it's appearing to pan out. 

I know mate, however my point being the PR at our club is appalling as per

We have Gus there now, we have been apparently looking for ages about this window, and to start it all off  we lose someone we needed for 5 months. So by all means he goes, but Saints are still waing for this "marquee"signing that Stubbs said he would deliever, and the last time I looked it was the same board that was in control.....##

Hamill did well for us , had virtually 50% our goals and assists, sometimes the BOD need to take some risks , I am not saying they could have kept him, but its the 3rd and he is offski......................

We now need to find a good player just to bring us back to shit parity we presently stand at.................. my point- we are going backwards just as 2014/15  

Edited by DougJamie

4 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

We have Gus there now, we have been apparently looking for ages about this window, and to start it all off  we lose someone we needed for 5 months. So by all means he goes, but Saints are still waing for this "marquee"signing that Stubbs said he would deliever, and the last time I looked it was the same board that was in control.....##

Hamill did well for us , had virtually 50% our goals and assists, sometimes the BOD need to take some risks , I am not saying they could have kept him, but its the 3rd and he is offski......................

We now need to find a good player just to bring us back to shit parity we presently stand at.................. my point- we are going backwards just as 2014/15  

Would it not be best to hang on a few weeks before deciding that we're going backwards? 

2 hours ago, kevo_smfc said:

We can't hold on to someone who doesn't want to be here. I think all along Hammill was playing with us short term for a move elsewhere. He's now closer to home and has security of an 18 month deal.

My thought was he was up here to try and impress Steven Gerrard. Good Luck to him. He will free up a wage, which we can certainly make good use of. 

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

surprised you use the term leading the way - they have signed McShane and you don't rate him at all...right?

Heyve signed three players since yesterday, and for a team at the bottom of their league they seem to be getting on with business. We however seem as yet only to be shedding players.

2 hours ago, elvis said:

So Div has confirmed Hamill away 18 month deal for scunthorpe.

Well that should get Scunthorpe into League 2 !. Kinda defines for me why they are in a relegation place in League One.

League 2 player in England who is on the slide. Not good enough for League One IMO

18 month contract is bonkers also. Agent did well on that one !

Edited by lenziebud

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Oran seems to be tearing up his own team and The remnants of Jack Ross's team. I thought Stubbzo was meant to be the pantomime villain around these parts?

all we need is a Simeon Jackson "come and get me plea" and its a hat trick

Its seems to me your only purpose in life is too slate Oran Kearney and talk up Alan Stubbs ?

21 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

My thought was he was up here to try and impress Steven Gerrard. Good Luck to him. He will free up a wage, which we can certainly make good use of. 

Really ?. 

He is a million miles away from being a Rangers player !.

Edited by lenziebud

32 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Heyve signed three players since yesterday, and for a team at the bottom of their league they seem to be getting on with business. We however seem as yet only to be shedding players.

They are bottom of the league below us and have been shit for months, pretty easy bet that they would make a few signings, with players their parent clubs don’t want it looks like.Hardly earth shattering stuff.

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

I sincerely hope that you are wrong about us going backwards DJ. 

We seem to have gone through one or two stages in our transfers.

Early worries from some fans seemed to centre on the problem of shifting out the number of players indicated. We seem to be making decent progress on this front.

Next issues centred on trying to hold on to Fernando and Hammill. These concerns seem to be well founded with Hammill already gone. 

The main issue remains successfully bringing on board 4/5 quality players .  Some are suggesting news of incoming players on Friday and Tuesday.  

39 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Slight difference being we don't have a league game for 3 weeks.

Falkirk are playing on Saturday.

Let's not wet our pants because we haven't signed anyone three days after the transfer window opened.

The only way St.Mirren could have kept hold of Adam Hammill would have been by relocating the club to England.

Player only came to us to get himself in the shop window again because he couldn't get a deal in England.

Came up, scored some important goals for us, got himself noticed, got his 18 month deal.

Nothing else we could have done to keep him longer, other than chop his legs off, which would have been counter productive.

We have actually been really productive too. To move 4 players (Willock back to man utd, Kirkpatrick, Mcshane and Hammill) and find suiters for them is actually good going as it frees up space for incoming players. Obviously Hammill was one who we would have preferred to stay, though he could easily free up space for one or two quality replacements. For all we know, deals have already been agreed for players coming in and due to the winter break we are delaying in announcing. It has been done so in the past pre-season.

Anyone know official size of squad now with Heaton king and Kpekawa still included?

3 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

We have actually been really productive too. To move 4 players (Willock back to man utd, Kirkpatrick, Mcshane and Hammill) and find suiters for them is actually good going as it frees up space for incoming players. Obviously Hammill was one who we would have preferred to stay, though he could easily free up space for one or two quality replacements. For all we know, deals have already been agreed for players coming in and due to the winter break we are delaying in announcing. It has been done so in the past pre-season.

Anyone know official size of squad now with Heaton king and Kpekawa still included?

If,as I believe, we said that we had 28 and 4 have gone then that would leave 24 with the 3 others who have been advised to find other clubs still included. I might have missed it but Kellerman was (is) out on loan.

12 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

We've got 24 players on our books now but that includes Breadner, Jamieson, Erhahon and Cammy McPherson who are all still youths.

So we still have 20 senior players. Could well shift another 6 or 7 of that 20 given that King, Kpekawa, Heaton, Rodgers, Flynn, Eckserley and Edwards are all there and Ferdinand and Smith are still being touted as likely to go. 

That would leave 6 or 7 to come in.