Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Wouldn’t imagine we could compete financially with most League One clubs in England. At a guess our budget is probably on a par with League Two.

The problem is, no one really knows what we are paying our players but I do know that many players in League two are getting paid in excess of £5k a week.
Even teams in the bottom three can offer top rates to the right players.

3 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Wouldn’t imagine we could compete financially with most League One clubs in England. At a guess our budget is probably on a par with League Two.

Doubt if we can compete on wages but can perhaps offer a platform for players to move on and up. 

23 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Indeed. We certainly don’t need guys who score and create goals! emoji23.png

:1eye

Sure we do , but they've got to want to play for the club too. The last thing we need are mercenaries, whatever their ability !

50 minutes ago, JM1 said:

Cammy Smith to Dundee United according to the Daily Express sportswriter.

Strange one.

His loan spell with them before he came to us in the "Great escape" season didn't go very well, by all accounts.

As much as I appreciated his efforts for us last season, I get the feeling that championship football is his level and he should do really well for them if he goes.

1 hour ago, JM1 said:

Cammy Smith to Dundee United according to the Daily Express sportswriter.

Express are usually quite good with St Mirren stuff. Cammy did great for us last season but he's definitely a yard short of pace to play the same role in the top league !

27 minutes ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

If Cammy Smith is punted my season ticket will be unused for the rest of this season.

You rate him far higher than he deserves. He has contributed a cross for 1 goal this season and is most likely to be on above average wages in our squad. He regularly has lost the ball and his marker - he is a championship player and I for one will be glad to see him off the books to fund a better replacement.

Don't get me wrong - He contributed really well last season. Yet there is no room for sentimentality in our current predicament. We need a squad of players who are good enough to help us to survive and give us a platform to be a really decent team in this league.

Edited by Sweeper07
last few words in wrong order