Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Rogers was loaned to us because Aberdeen were able to get Tomas Cerny in. Could it be Cerny comes down the road to us if Rogers returns?

He walked away from a contract offer from Thistle last summer and went on trial for a club in Europe. Failed to win a deal and ended up back in Scotland signing for Aberdeen at the end of July.

Hasn't made an appearance for them and his deal runs out in a few months. Might be looking to come back south to give him security beyond this summer. His wife's from the Central Belt and their wee boy's grandparents are in Kilmarnock. A contract with us until 2020 might suit.

I'd take him as our first choice right now! Lots of experience, including in relegation dog fights.

5 minutes ago, Julian Banjos said:

Rogers was loaned to us because Aberdeen were able to get Tomas Cerny in. Could it be Cerny comes down the road to us if Rogers returns?

He walked away from a contract offer from Thistle last summer and went on trial for a club in Europe. Failed to win a deal and ended up back in Scotland signing for Aberdeen at the end of July.

Hasn't made an appearance for them and his deal runs out in a few months. Might be looking to come back south to give him security beyond this summer. His wife's from the Central Belt and their wee boy's grandparents are in Kilmarnock. A contract with us until 2020 might suit.

I'd take him as our first choice right now! Lots of experience, including in relegation dog fights.

Very decent player.

19 hours ago, FTOF said:

https://www.fcslovanliberec.cz/hrac.asp?id=Vaclav -Hladky-983&sezona=2017&kategorie=MUZ

Can't work out whether he's their (Slovan Liberec's) 2nd or 2rd choice keeper.

I must have let my Slovak translation skills slip in the past couple of years.:rolleyes:

https://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/fotbal-1-liga-rocnik-2018-19/354497/libereckeho-hladkeho-lakaji-ve-skotsku-byl-by-to-splneny-sen-rika.html

Widely reported over here in CZ

Basically it says that he has been given permission to speak to us. He has reportedly undergone a medical, but Liberec have other offers for him too. 

Hladky says it would be a dream come true to move to British football

Edited by Prague Buddie

10 minutes ago, Prague Buddie said:

Czech football could have another representative in the British Isles. According to Information iSport.cz is about Liberec goalie of Václava smooth in the Scottish highest competition. Probably it should be St. Mirren FC, the eleventh whole of Premiership, in a club based in the suburbs of Glasgow has allegedly undergone a medical examination. "It would be a huge challenge and a dream come true," confirmed 28letý goalkeeper in a telephone interview.

Just now, pod said:

Czech football could have another representative in the British Isles. According to Information iSport.cz is about Liberec goalie of Václava smooth in the Scottish highest competition. Probably it should be St. Mirren FC, the eleventh whole of Premiership, in a club based in the suburbs of Glasgow has allegedly undergone a medical examination. "It would be a huge challenge and a dream come true," confirmed 28letý goalkeeper in a telephone interview.

There is a quote from a club official near the end, that mentions other clubs being interested.

10 minutes ago, pod said:

The suburbs of Glasgow! How very dare they.

3 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Since leaving us Lewis has played in the Premiership and in Europe for Celtic. Not a first pick, I agree. Wearside in front of 30000 with his Mentor Jack Ross would be more likely IMO. Love to see him back . Like to see Charlie Adam back. Neither likely to happen.

Add international caps to that too

48 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

If Morgan goes to another SPL club, it’ll be one at the top end of the league.

They will want Morgan to get experience of playing in a side that is attacking more than defending. That’s not going to happen with us!

I think that makes sense WS. 

7 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

In fairness Morgan hasn’t yet proven himself in the SPL. We all believe he’s capable of playing at this level but have yet to see him in action (ignoring his very early days). 

Would love to get him back on loan.

Certainly won't disagree with that CS however I am slightly surprised though with Celtic signing Oliver Burke. I watched a couple of U21 games and Morgan was by far a better player in those games than Burke. Morgan looked more like the £10M player.

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

Certainly won't disagree with that CS however I am slightly surprised though with Celtic signing Oliver Burke. I watched a couple of U21 games and Morgan was by far a better player in those games than Burke. Morgan looked more like the £10M player.

Indeed. Some players are massively over hyped. IMO Morgan is a better player than Burke.

Since leaving us Lewis has played in the Premiership and in Europe for Celtic. Not a first pick, I agree. Wearside in front of 30000 with his Mentor Jack Ross would be more likely IMO. Love to see him back . Like to see Charlie Adam back. Neither likely to happen.
Don't see Morgan coming back, but not given up hope yet for Adam.

Any update on Lyness ?

10 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:
9 hours ago, Julian Banjos said:

Any update on Lyness ?

No.. but.. speculation about an incoming Czech goalkeeper.