Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

6 minutes ago, munoz said:

The person that told me could have got it wrong. 

Did not mean you are calling it wrong mate. Would think Sunderland would be a good move for him. Would love him to come back to us but you just know it won't happen. Charlie Adam is another I dont see coming. 

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Did not mean you are calling it wrong mate. Would think Sunderland would be a good move for him. Would love him to come back to us but you just know it won't happen. Charlie Adam is another I dont see coming. 

Yep. With Adam, you just have to think, 'would Rangers still take him?' and the answer has to be yes. They could pay several times what we could without even paying tax on it thinking about it. The only chance we'd have would be if he was a lifelong Saints fan, and he isn't.

5 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Div has just posted a link to a Sunderland newspaper. Jack Ross is going after Morgan. 

That is as timely a rumour update as your classic "is Bryan Adams still number one with the Robin Hood song" last week.

Ross has been after Lewis since he got the Sunderland job, and as he is big pals with Brenda R. And who and where Sunderland are now at, He's got first dibs.

having seen Sunderland play, pretty much like Ross had us playing by flooding the midfield to work with a lone striker the set up is tailor made for Morgan to breeze in, utilise all the possesion they create, bring other players onto their game through his vision, directness and ability to mesmerise opponents. And take & create a heap of goals and goalscoring chances for others.

FFs he even made Cammy Smith look good once upon a time!

31 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

That is as timely a rumour update as your classic "is Bryan Adams still number one with the Robin Hood song" last week.

Ross has been after Lewis since he got the Sunderland job, and as he is big pals with Brenda R. And who and where Sunderland are now at, He's got first dibs.

having seen Sunderland play, pretty much like Ross had us playing by flooding the midfield to work with a lone striker the set up is tailor made for Morgan to breeze in, utilise all the possesion they create, bring other players onto their game through his vision, directness and ability to mesmerise opponents. And take & create a heap of goals and goalscoring chances for others.

FFs he even made Cammy Smith look good once upon a time!

Cammy Smith is a good player but not for a team like us, who admit being very defensive to keep in games. When Cammy played well he was part, like Morgan of a pressing 4. So I hope we change the way we play and start pressing higher up the pitch or we are going to be like Gus's team. Horrid to watch and always liable to lose a goal with no Plan B  

3 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Cammy Smith is a good player but not for a team like us, who admit being very defensive to keep in games. When Cammy played well he was part, like Morgan of a pressing 4. So I hope we change the way we play and start pressing higher up the pitch or we are going to be like Gus's team. Horrid to watch and always liable to lose a goal with no Plan B  

Always like the option of a couple of big guys in the team to chuck up front and hit high balls too, as a plan B. A bit of kitchen sink football is quite watchable every now and then 

3 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Always like the option of a couple of big guys in the team to chuck up front and hit high balls too, as a plan B. A bit of kitchen sink football is quite watchable every now and then 

I agree mate...... Cooke seems to be staying so they must see something in him. I really wish we had held onto Ross Stewart as another option .

Another knockback ?

Again, have we actually targeted players with a view to signing them or just pishing in the wind?

Sevco leading the way( even though they cant afford it ) I was expecting us to announce our first signings as we will need a bit of time to knt a new team and set surely ?

Targeting players actually means not very much unless you have them on a PCA, or an agreement with parent club to getting them on loan when the window opens. Even then and injury or a movement at the parent club can lead them ti change their mind.

as we, and other diddy clubs know, you can actually end up doing all the ground work for lazy bigger clubs by bringing your scoting targets to their attention, or indeed help an agent get a bit of a bidding war going, as in fact their guy was never really going to sign for you when he could pick ul a grand more a week playing feckin non league/low tier english football.

occasionally you get a Stephen Thomson/McGinn who really only want to come back to "Their Club" having made their fortune elsewhere.in that scenarios perhaps we should just be targeting ex players whose first name is Stephen?

that said there is the slimmest of chances we could get Charlie Adam, but it will be at the very end of/after window when all other more attractive propositions for him have fallen away. Highly unlikely, but probably the only "Name" we have/will be linked with. 

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

rumour Dee are after Saun Byrne from Livi - He could do a decent job for us

Guess they are planning to spend any money they get if Kamara goes in this window

My guess is they'll spend money the don't get to avoid the drop. That, and the fact Accies seem to be able to beat us on every occasion is where my worries come from.

I cannot see us competing with Dundee or Motherwell in the transfer market.

rumour Dee are after Saun Byrne from Livi - He could do a decent job for us

Guess they are planning to spend any money they get if Kamara goes in this window

10 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

My guess is they'll spend money the don't get to avoid the drop. That, and the fact Accies seem to be able to beat us on every occasion is where my worries come from.

These are two posts that highlight the reality of where we are in realtion to others, and what will a realistic spend in this window look like for us?

even factoring in the fickle football fan who just keeps demanding we sign somebody! Surely people can add up what has been spent, and wasted since Ross went and realise that our playing budget was smaller than most to begin with, but since all the failed transfer fees, compo packages, hiring and firing, plus additional backroom staff we simply cant match a wealthy owner like Dundee, and previously Ross County deciding to speculate to accumulate?

we could go,for another Smisa vote to fund the right bollock of sposrts scientist again i suppose?

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

(Highlighted above) I guess you are saying they will spend more than they budgeted for and run up debts?

Dee made a loss of £354,000 last season to take their debt up to £1,277,000 which is expected to become share capital for their main shareholder to carry.

Motherwell last year cut their debt owed to business figures John Boyle and Les Hutchison by £545,000 - but they still have a chunk.

Are we not debt free and committed less on wages than both of these - AND just off-loaded a large amount off our wages bill - precisely in order to get some quality replacements?

I not only believe that we can compete, but we must...

2 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

(Highlighted above) I guess you are saying they will spend more than they budgeted for and run up debts?

Dee made a loss of £354,000 last season to take their debt up to £1,277,000 which is expected to become share capital for their main shareholder to carry.

Motherwell last year cut their debt owed to business figures John Boyle and Les Hutchison by £545,000 - but they still have a chunk.

Are we not debt free and committed less on wages than both of these - AND just off-loaded a large amount off our wages bill - precisely in order to get some quality replacements?

I not only believe that we can compete, but we must...

What I am saying is that Dundee's owners have the cash to speculate. They are well able to fund the get out of jail not so free and recoup slowly as they appear to be there for the long haul.

Motherwell are well clear of us and will be able to attract loan deals at least as effective as we are likely to get.

I don't often cite LPM as a source worthy of note but there is no doubt we have "spunked" away a fair whack of our anticipated playing budget. That has to be considered while calculating what remains.

3 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

What I am saying is that Dundee's owners have the cash to speculate. They are well able to fund the get out of jail not so free and recoup slowly as they appear to be there for the long haul.

Motherwell are well clear of us and will be able to attract loan deals at least as effective as we are likely to get.

I don't often cite LPM as a source worthy of note but there is no doubt we have "spunked" away a fair whack of our anticipated playing budget. That has to be considered while calculating what remains.

Lets not forget the "United" factor for Dundee. There is more than money at stake for them

1 minute ago, stlucifer said:

Neither of us have the true figures - so it is all guess work, but by all accounts inside Dee - they went in whole hog early on - they had previously paid off Hartley and his assistant, then they have paid off Neil McCann and Graham Gartland who brought in 11 players - most of whom are no longer wanted - Sound familiar? and a number of them on good deals.

Who would have thought that after the Stubbs affair, with the window shut, that we could have attracted Hammill, Ferdinand, Lyness and Jackson?

Why not now - when we are above Dee and only 2 points behind a Hamilton team that doesn't have cash to splash?

Dee's long hall for the last few years has been going one direction - downwards

I also think Motherwell are spent with all their eggs in the McCormack basket too...

1 minute ago, Sweeper07 said:

Neither of us have the true figures - so it is all guess work, but by all accounts inside Dee - they went in whole hog early on - they had previously paid off Hartley and his assistant, then they have paid off Neil McCann and Graham Gartland who brought in 11 players - most of whom are no longer wanted - Sound familiar? and a number of them on good deals.

Who would have thought that after the Stubbs affair, with the window shut, that we could have attracted Hammill, Ferdinand, Lyness and Jackson?

Why not now - when we are above Dee and only 2 points behind a Hamilton team that doesn't have cash to splash?

I also think Motherwell are spent with all their eggs in the McCormack basket too...

Can I just say?

I hope you're right.

5 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Why not now indeed?  

Financially, we are arguably in (at least) as good a position as Hamilton,  Dundee and Motherwell. 

We are being prudent.. Moving players on before signing others. Likely to use funds raised from playersakes/sell on. 

Dundee's Ownership model allows for investment and the prospect of relocating and selling off Dens Park helps make business sense. 

Our current Ownership Model makes investment extremely unlikeky. Motherwell too are in this position. Both related to Fan Ownership plsnned/actual.

Hamilton could invest but don't have a history of doing so. 

27 minutes ago, RussellV1 said:

Michael O’Halloran is available on a free

Why did he only play 3 games in 7 months?

He is one who would have came to us previously, when he was surplus to requirements in Govan.

If he is fit - he might be a decent option - not ground breaking, but could pitch in with a number of goals.

The Fakes have off-loaded 2 players and he was at them previously too.

Why did he only play 3 games in 7 months?

He is one who would have came to us previously, when he was surplus to requirements in Govan.

If he is fit - he might be a decent option - not ground breaking, but could pitch in with a number of goals.

The Fakes have off-loaded 2 players and he was at them previously too.

Been out injured with a hamstring injury, last thing we need is another sick note. 

Edited by Hendo