Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

22 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Kellerman coming back from loan at AFC Fylde.....

looks like Oran is rolling out the big guns to stay up!

Maybe he is doing what Southampton and Sevco are doing - recalling loan players to see how they are.  Still time to send them back before the window closes.

What about Graham Carey? His contract is up in the summer - although Plymouth have a year option on him - He could replace the delivery and 'something special' Hammill had.

Bit of a long shot but not beyond the realms of possibility. I'm pretty sure his missus is from Paisley/Glasgow area and could possibly entertain a return homeward ?

As i said, a long shot as i'm sure more than a handful of clubs down south would be able to quadruple our wage offer but if ye don't ask, ye don't get.

13 minutes ago, Spam_Valley said:

What about Graham Carey? His contract is up in the summer - although Plymouth have a year option on him - He could replace the delivery and 'something special' Hammill had.

Bit of a long shot but not beyond the realms of possibility. I'm pretty sure his missus is from Paisley/Glasgow area and could possibly entertain a return homeward ?

As i said, a long shot as i'm sure more than a handful of clubs down south would be able to quadruple our wage offer but if ye don't ask, ye don't get.

Could be a decent signing, been absolutely ages since we had someone who could cross the ball and shoot from distance..........:whistle

3 minutes ago, alanb said:

f**king hell, I'd not realised they were playing against the likes of Stratford Town. That is not a good level of football. 

13 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

He's 6'2", and has been loaned out a lot, but has made a lot pf appearances in the past few years. He's 25. I have no clue how good the Romanian league is.

#Moneyball

Its like ours, Dinamo and Steau are about Celtics level............. Less fannies and bigots

27 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

f**king hell, I'd not realised they were playing against the likes of Stratford Town. That is not a good level of football. 

That would have been the FA trophy - a cup game. Fylde are National league, the teams that play in our diddy cup came from that league this season so gives some idea.

1 hour ago, Magic Monkey said:

Carey's goalscoring record at Plymouth has been thoroughly decent - a goal every 3.6 games. We've had a LOT of strikers who can't match that. He wouldn't be short of offers from across England if he did leave Plymouth.

Ditto that, their captain as well I believe. So we've no chance.