Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

3 hours ago, Magic Monkey said:

f**king hell, I'd not realised they were playing against the likes of Stratford Town. That is not a good level of football. 

That was a cup game. They play in what was the Conference against the likes of Leyton Orient, Wrexham and now big spending Salford City. A number of teams in that league will most likely pay higher wages than us.

ETA... oops, I was beaten to it!

Edited by Chris

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 7:32 PM, Sonny said:

Certainly won't disagree with that CS however I am slightly surprised though with Celtic signing Oliver Burke. I watched a couple of U21 games and Morgan was by far a better player in those games than Burke. Morgan looked more like the £10M player.

Agreed with this never been that impressed by what I've seen of him. Nor or what I've seen of Ryan Gauld.

4 minutes ago, Chris said:

That was a cup game. They play in what was the Conference against the likes of Leyton Orient, Wrexham and now big spending Salford City. A number of teams in that league will most likely pay higher wages than us.

ETA... oops, I was beaten to it!

Yeah, knee-jerk reaction on my part! I'm from not far from Stratford originally so am very aware of how good they're not. :P

Tansey took a bad groin injury a while back and cut his season short to get it fixed.

According to most accounts, this repair job turned out to be a botch job and only served to knock him back further.

He's now fit but carries the stigma of unreliability at his current club. Sometimes it's best to cut and run.  These things work out sometimes (like Darren McGregor) and other times, look like the might but ultimately don't (like Rocco Quinn).

What's not in doubt is that Tansey was a classy big midfielder at Inverness who carried both a goal threat and was very creative as well as a bit physical... hopefully the fresh start and new surroundings give him a bit of his old groove back.

Edited by djchapsticks

Tansey took a bad groin injury a while back and cut his season short to get it fixed.
According to most accounts, this repair job turned out to be a botch job and only served to knock him back further.
He's now fit but carries the stigma of unreliability at his current club. Sometimes it's best to cut and run.  These things work out sometimes (like Darren McGregor) and other times, look like the might but ultimately don't (like Rocco Quinn).
What's not in doubt is that Tansey was a classy big midfielder at Inverness who carried both a goal threat and was very creative as well as a bit physical... hopefully the fresh start and new surroundings give him a bit of his old groove back.
Has all the attributes our midfield had been lacking this season. Really pleased with this signing. Well worth the wait !