Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

2 minutes ago, JM1 said:

Isn't it you can only play for 2 clubs in the one calendar year?

He's played for three last year , Aldershot , us and Fylde. It's two in a season , the rule was tightened up a few years ago when Nicky Shorey played for Fulham after he had played for Villa then a loan spell at Forest !

2 minutes ago, mattman said:

Does the rule apply to non league ? Tried to have a look online myself but can’t seem to find anything.

Wonder what will happen to Edwards (not that I care particularly). As he is in the same situation.

Edwards has only played for Hearts and us this season , so can go back there and play !

27 minutes ago, Spam_Valley said:

I'm sure you can be registered with three teams in the one season but can only play for two of them.

Correct! Although in certain circumstances like Tidser at Morton it made no sense to do so.

so if Kellerman signed close season with us, hasnt actually played for Aldershot this season, then he should be good to go!

edit: ignore the above he's f**ked! Forgot he actually played in the league cup for us before going to Fylde. Dont think non league will matter, its all about being registered as, and playing by the FA of the country the team is in. 

Still he could be made a free agent?

Edited by Lord Pityme

9 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Correct! Although in certain circumstances like Tidser at Morton it made no sense to do so.

so if Kellerman signed close season with us, hasnt actually played for Aldershot this season, then he should be good to go!

But surely he's played for two clubs...

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Aye, see above

Fair enough. He actually came on against Dundee in the opening league game, too. In fact, he's played 17 games this season and only lost three times... he's undefeated in a St Mirren shirt in four appearances and has a stunning one in four strike rate. Sign him up!

:lol:

Edited by Magic Monkey

4 hours ago, Doakes said:

Wish we'd signed Halkett from Livi at the start of the season. Would love to get him in now, he's getting near the end of his contract... 

Wishful thinking I suppose :lol:

Halkett was on my wish list.  I could see Aberdeen in for him if they sell McKenna. 

33 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

Just posted similar on P&B. Surprised the EU (or whoever) allows it.

Understand your point. It's also similar to transfer market dates and deadlines which some see as discrimination against employment rights. However, I understand that clubs wanted these in place to prevent a continuous and possible disruptive transfer market throughout the season from players moving from and to clubs when promotion, relegation and European places are being fought for.  

Its all a load of pish really, can you imagine any other job where they said to you "that's your second / third job this year with a different firm, sorry, unemployment for you".

I can see your point but it won’t exactly be unemployment as they’ll still be under contract with someone and be getting paid!

And there’s nothing to stop them getting a job outside of football!

57 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

Understand your point. It's also similar to transfer market dates and deadlines which some see as discrimination against employment rights. However, I understand that clubs wanted these in place to prevent a continuous and possible disruptive transfer market throughout the season from players moving from and to clubs when promotion, relegation and European places are being fought for.  

Football is different for obvious reasons as you state above, all-season disruption would ruin the game further. Having a January market is bad enough as you can lose key players in mid season (although nowadays it seems to be our saving grace!)

At the same time it’s not all bad for footballers. Many workplaces do a 12 week probation period and they can freely release you if you aren’t good enough. Imagine if we had that option with Jackson, Stubbs and his signings!

20 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Where is the stuff about Kellerman coming from ? Can’t see anything about this elsewhere .

There was a random article from Aldershot that suggested he might go back there along with two other former players. Must have been complete fiction. I can't find it now.

59 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Where is the stuff about Kellerman coming from ? Can’t see anything about this elsewhere .

GARY WADDOCK is remaining tight-lipped over rumours linking three former EBB Stadium favourites with returns to Aldershot Town.

Goalkeeper Lewis Ward, currently on loan at Northampton Town from Reading, forward Bernard Mensah, on loan at Lincoln City from Bristol Rovers, and midfielder Jim Kellermann, who has been at AFC Fylde on loan from St Mirren, are all keen to return to north Hampshire, according to Surrey Live sources.

GARY WADDOCK is remaining tight-lipped over rumours linking three former EBB Stadium favourites with returns to Aldershot Town.

Goalkeeper Lewis Ward, currently on loan at Northampton Town from Reading, forward Bernard Mensah, on loan at Lincoln City from Bristol Rovers, and midfielder Jim Kellermann, who has been at AFC Fylde on loan from St Mirren, are all keen to return to north Hampshire, according to Surrey Live sources.

Yep , as I said on the other thread, couldn’t see anything anywhere. Manager keen but doubtful .