Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

1 hour ago, W6Saint said:

Shuggie Murray must be due his testimonial soon?

One of my sons has the Match Shirt Shuggie wore in his final game. 

Anyone who watched him score against The Albion in Stirling knows how important he has been in our St Mirren story. 

From the Daily Record.

Slovakian international Tomas Malec is on the Buddies radar and they are poised to snap him up, according to the Daily Mail.

The 6ft 6in striker is a free agent after leaving Zalgiris Vilnius and is poised to make the switch to Paisley.

The signing will follow on from the arrival of Greg Tansey as Kearney plots an escape from danger.

The towering frontman previously enjoyed a spell with Rosenborg.

One of the many problems this season is we don't have a striker who can hold the ball up, especially when we are under pressure.

Jackson works hard but he's too small and not physical enough to hold the ball up well.

Hopefully if we sign him, big Malec can be the guy who helps us out in that regard.

6 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Oh well thats it sorted ------ 9th  6th position secured :whistle

You got that wrong!

Seriously, if we have someone up front causing real problems for opposition defences, Cammy would thrive off the scraps! Too good a talent to let go!

Edited by sally02

3 minutes ago, sally02 said:

You got that wrong!

Seriously, if we have someone up front causing real problems for opposition defences, Cammy would thrive off the scraps! Too good a talent to let go!

We brought in that Dane to be that guy but the problem he was so detached, as demonstrated by the vid of this player he needs wide men, not just a punt upfield. Hopefully signing someone like this and we could see Jackson in a wider role and as you say Cammy would be more in his element..

Interesting time ahead. Delighted with Tansey and I am far more upbeat on our targets................. i dont want some 6th/ 7th tier dross  .....................

1 minute ago, DougJamie said:

We brought in that Dane to be that guy but the problem he was so detached, as demonstrated by the vid of this player he needs wide men, not just a punt upfield. Hopefully signing someone like this and we could see Jackson in a wider role and as you say Cammy would be more in his element..

Interesting time ahead. Delighted with Tansey and I am far more upbeat on our targets................. i dont want some 6th/ 7th tier dross  .....................

Would love to see us sign 2 wingers with pace and a big centre forward like Malec. Cammy in behind, Magennis and Tansey in the middle. Then you're suddenly making sense as a team..