Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

58 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Another Forward who has played 18 games and scored 2 goals. Perhaps he is good with assists?

I see he also scored from substitute for his country on his 2nd appearance too.

Do you know if he is really decent?

1 minute ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Could be, or could be 4-3-3 like Liverpool!

If we could play like Liverpool - then that would be fine for me....:guinness

I just hope that we have the players to play more than one system - that way we don't become predictable and folk play against us knowing our weaknesses and exploiting them. It is good to catch teams out...

29 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

So we going to play 3 central midfielders?  Perhaps with 3 CB and 2 wingbacks covering the width in midfield?

If we can find proper wide players, maybe play a 4-2-3-1? McGinn  and Tansey behind Lyons, with two guys out wide. Not sure I've heard of us being linked with any left full/wingbacks yet.

2 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

If we can find proper wide players, maybe play a 4-2-3-1? McGinn  and Tansey behind Lyons, with two guys out wide. Not sure I've heard of us being linked with any left full/wingbacks yet.

Yep, there are a number of possibilities - my hope is that we can mix things up and catch the opposition off guard.

LB/wingback on the list of essentials we are intending to bring in for sure. No criticism of Erhahon intended, but we need cover and someone more gifted here would be a clear improvement in the team. 

I am unsure, but I think that there is someone in today who might be a real possibility here..

20 minutes ago, Taylor Edgar said:
34 minutes ago, MWISAINT71 said:
Forgive me if this is somewhere earlier in this thread but my brother mentioned to me last night about a 6 ft 6" forward that we are looking at from Rosenberg.  Can anyone shed some light on this or have I once again dreamt this?

This is true tomas malec

He's been away from Rosenburg for a couple of years and now seems to be a free agent.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomáš_Malec_(footballer)

Been no new gossip about him since the first rumour rumbled out.

(sorry - problems making that link work.  Google it yourself...)

Edited by antrin

3 minutes ago, antrin said:

He's been away from Rosenburg for a couple of years and now seems to be a free agent.

He took part in a bounce game along with an as-yet-unnamed other player today. Div reported that he'd heard Malec showed up very well.

11 minutes ago, antrin said:

He played in a bounce game today and looks very decent indeed... just paperwork to be signed or not

Edited by Sweeper07
signed - oops

Oh to be a fly on the wall in the negotiations...

2 senarios

No.1 Keep Tony out of things completely

No.2 Let him convince the players that he is going to join the best team in Scotland. (He could show doctored League tables and photos of trophies ) And maybe offer a free copy of his book as a sweetener.

Hope the contracts work in our favour...

2 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Post by Hendo on the 18th of December

Also suggested we might be in for Paul Smyth, 21 year old northern Ireland international currently at QPR, won their young player of the year last season but out of favour this. 

If true, i'd imagine both him and Lyons would be loan signings, which probably means cheerio to some of our current loanees. 

Are you going to announce the discovery of penicillin next? :lol: