Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

I miss the old fashioned press conference to parade new players. They should bring them back. This casually announcing sometime after dinner takes the fun out of it.

Especially when you factor in that the ‘official’ f**k up of a site & social media platforms are ALWAYS last to post the news we find out.

I’ve honestly not looked at our ‘official’ media platforms for about 10 years i think.

53 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

Especially when you factor in that the ‘official’ f**k up of a site & social media platforms are ALWAYS last to post the news we find out.

I’ve honestly not looked at our ‘official’ media platforms for about 10 years i think.

I can guarantee you that it has changed a bit since then...

5 hours ago, Magic Monkey said:

Friend of mine works for a company that supplies the letters on the back of shirts. Says Saints have just ordered a rush job of S, L, Y, and N :lol:

That might explain the hold-up in announcing a certain Irish midfielder!

Let us know if your friends has to supply more letters any time soon?

20 minutes ago, JM1 said:

Just the one signing today then? I think we should upgrade to a signing in the afternoon and one in the evening.

Its a good idea as the number of days remaining keeps reducing.

Ideally another 3 in before the weekend including Ferdinand.

Then next week we can survey the squad and watch for final arrivals to descend.

When can we start guessing this Slovak wingers name? I reckon I've got it but don't want to be the guilty party who let the cat out the bag.

Though if I do have it right it's really the fault of the ITK folk who have given me enough info to think I can guess at it.
When are we going to announce the signing of the two Slovaks ?

Still edgy that it's all gone quiet on those guys, however, I will sleep well tonight after Lyons confirmed earlier. Convinced he will be a huge signing for us.

15 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

Still edgy that it's all gone quiet on those guys, however, I will sleep well tonight after Lyons confirmed earlier. Convinced he will be a huge signing for us.

I'd like a decision either way but perhaps it's good management to allow the boys a day or so to acclimatise themselves,  look at housing etc

1 hour ago, turrabuddie said:

Signing Thu/Fri . . . paperwork in place tomorrow

Why are you edgy about whether or not we sign 2 guys you’ve never seen play and never heard of?

They might be shite. [emoji6]

My view is always that, if they were that good then they wouldn’t be joining St Mirren!

11 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Why are you edgy about whether or not we sign 2 guys you’ve never seen play and never heard of?

They might be shite. emoji6.png

My view is always that, if they were that good then they wouldn’t be joining St Mirren!

Why, have we never signed a "good " player before ? 

I reckon with having had a look at them, they'll be good enough. 

9 minutes ago, munoz said:

Why, have we never signed a "good " player before ? 

I reckon with having had a look at them, they'll be good enough. 

Have we never signed a bad player before?

Do we not normally look at players before signing them?

My point though, is why would someone get "edgy" about it?

Edited by Wendy Saintss

They might be shite. [emoji6]

I have never seen them play so you are correct, they may be poor players.
However, I'm sure our management and coaching staff have seen them - if they've decided they're poor and do not want to make them an offer then fine, let's move on.
But if that was the case I'd expect them to have made some statement confirming that to be the case.

In the absence of such an announcement I assume we do want to sign them and ha e made them an offer, and I'm edgy because of the delay in hearing they've accepted.