Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

21 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Whilst we are short of players still, it's worth reminding ourselves about how Dundee and Hamilton are getting with their signings.

I think we should trust Gus and Oran. This is their necks on the line if they f**k it up.

It’s not just blind trust. You have to look at past experience. 

Oran has signed 3 class players in the time he has been here ( hamell, anton and Jackson) 

Gus signed Dorman, Higdon , Haining and mark howerd in the past.

so they can both see the quality of player that’s needed. It’s been 2 weeks and we have 4 in, another 4 in over the next 2 weeks will be fine. 

53 minutes ago, Kemp said:

We are going in to the Alloa, Celtic and Hibs games with holes still all over the squad.

Pretty poor from the club in my opinion to again be underprepared for crucial games. Gus is supposed to working full time on ensuring this type of situation doesn't happen!

Not unexpected surely? 

We are just over half way through the month. 

Most (?) Top 6 Scottish Clubs have been abroad. 

Expect more to happen in the second half of January. 

36 minutes ago, Kemp said:

I'm happy to see Dundee making an arse of it, but the expectation at St Mirren (based on the noises coming out the club) was that business was in place and would be done early. On four signings it has, but none of them in the key positions we need filled!

I'm sure it is a complex situation, we are surely keeping some budget aside for Lewis Morgan for example but haven't yet convinced him or his club we are the best option. I understand the point in waiting there. For the other positions though it doesn't look like we have much in the pipeline. I remain hopeful Kearney will make the right decisions around players coming in, but my expectations were for more based on what I had seen Gordon Scott and Gus MacPherson quoted as having said.

Did you open the Christmas present in July :P

We are going in to the Alloa, Celtic and Hibs games with holes still all over the squad.
Pretty poor from the club in my opinion to again be underprepared for crucial games. Gus is supposed to working full time on ensuring this type of situation doesn't happen!
Oran seemed pretty comfortable with the situation in his latest interview on Buddievision. Still more to go and more to come in.

2 minutes ago, Ethan said:

Got real concerns if it is McA. He appears to be constantly injured and has not progressed since moving on. He was good at championship level but we need players who are ready to hit the ground running. 

Announce Messi.

FFS.

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

Have a squint around the club guests today and see who is kicking about...

a good result today, a decent contract offer and we'll see if they sign . . .   :turtle

How do you expect somebody with my eyesight to see that far from the WestBank?  C'mon, give us a clue!