Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

Thats helpful, someone else weighing in on the mythical injured player we are signing, or not?

make a word from these letters

T I H C K

If you are struggling a clue to the answer is written below

Change letters 2 and 3 around  

23 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

He wouldn't be replacing Hodson - he hasn't been playing at RB that has been McGinn

Hodson was given a couple of games in midfield and although he works hard he has no creativity. On Saturday he was back at full back. I believe we are paying a fair whack of his crazy Sevco wages so would not be surprised if we want to move him on.

And as an aside I reckon we should try and get Lee Wallace on loan.

3 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Hodson was given a couple of games in midfield and although he works hard he has no creativity. On Saturday he was back at full back. I believe we are paying a fair whack of his crazy Sevco wages so would not be surprised if we want to move him on.

And if his contract is up in the summer sevco will take a nominal fee for him, pull his loan, then he's off back down south for a bigger wage.

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

He wouldn't be replacing Hodson - he hasn't been playing at RB that has been McGinn

He might not have been playing RB but I would imagine if he was let go, we would be bringing in another RB so we would have cover. 

1 hour ago, Magic Monkey said:

Or, the rumours about clubs darn sarf trying to buy Hodson might have some credence.

This is also possible although it does surprise me. He’s been okay for us but I can’t imagine he’s good enough for the English Championship, unless Bolton and Ipswich are already preparing for life in League One.

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

Ralston is injured and not coming our way . . 

I knew he wasn’t coming our way about two weeks ago. Are you sure he’s injured though? He played the full 90 against New Airdrie.

8 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

He might not have been playing RB but I would imagine if he was let go, we would be bringing in another RB so we would have cover. 

This is also possible although it does surprise me. He’s been okay for us but I can’t imagine he’s good enough for the English Championship, unless Bolton and Ipswich are already preparing for life in League One.

I knew he wasn’t coming our way about two weeks ago. Are you sure he’s injured though? He played the full 90 against New Airdrie.

He picked up his injury in the Airdrie match at the end. . . 

Edited by Sweeper07
updated info

I see Morgan ruled out so I'd say the priority is a left winger, with pace.

If we went with a 4-2-3-1 formation it would allow us to keep playing Jackson and get 3 attacking mids in behind

If we want to play 4-4-2 then the priority is a left winger and a striker

Don't see the need for a right back personally

Left back is still an issue (as always)

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

Have had a wee look regarding Lee Wallace. There are some big English clubs like Villa being linked with Wallace. 

22 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Have had a wee look regarding Lee Wallace. There are some big English clubs like Villa being linked with Wallace. 

I know the New Club want him out on loan. Maybe our chances are slim however he would be a great addition if we got him.

33 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Sorry my mistake - He must have recovered from his injury . . . 

And I doubt we would get Ralston however he was injured against Airdrie and will miss playing us at least.

11 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I know the New Club want him out on loan. Maybe our chances are slim however he would be a great addition if we got him.

And I doubt we would get Ralston however he was injured against Airdrie and will miss playing us at least.

Wallace is a very decent player.

Would be an asset on the pitch.

35 minutes ago, Sonny said:

We've already got Hodson from Sevco, so no more loans from them this season.

Personally would rather we avoid doing any business at all with them.

44 minutes ago, HSS said:

FIFY.

Kind of you to change the wording HSS

It was

Wallace is a very decent player.

Would be an asset on the pitch.

Don't you fancy seeing him in the Black and White on our pitch?

Off the pitch...not so sure.

Edited by St.Ricky

2 hours ago, Doakes said:

I see Morgan ruled out so I'd say the priority is a left winger, with pace.

If we went with a 4-2-3-1 formation it would allow us to keep playing Jackson and get 3 attacking mids in behind

If we want to play 4-4-2 then the priority is a left winger and a striker

Don't see the need for a right back personally

Left back is still an issue (as always)

Irony could be, after playing the biggest part in our league and promotion triumph last season, Morgan could yet feature against us and help to push us down this season.

best to imitate first, then petition the boards, as fans of Hull, Huddersfield and Forest to sign Lewis Morgan.

theres nothing worse than a former player scoring against a former club, then drawing wven more attenrion to the fact by NOT celebrating when they score ffs.

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Irony could be, after playing the biggest part in our league and promotion triumph last season, Morgan could yet feature against us and help to push us down this season.

best to imitate first, then petition the boards, as fans of Hull, Huddersfield and Forest to sign Lewis Morgan.

theres nothing worse than a former player scoring against a former club, then drawing wven more attenrion to the fact by NOT celebrating when they score ffs.

He could also inflicted the same to teams closes to us.   

From the record...

Oran Kearney has revealed a bid for Blackpool full-back Ryan McLaughlin has been unsuccessful.

The St Mirren boss thought he had agreed a six-month loan deal for the former Liverpool youngster.

All that was required was for the 24-year-old to drive north to Paisley and sign a contract.

But Kearney’s hopes were dashed when Blackpool received a cash bid from another unnamed club south of the border and the Northern Ireland international was ordered to return back to Bloomfield Road to talk terms with Saints’ rival suitors.

Kearney, who is still hoping to add up to four new faces after clearing out 13 of Alan Stubbs’ signings already this month, said:

That one has been and gone.

We had that sorted yesterday. Ryan was driving up last night, we had all the paperwork done.

Then Blackpool received a bid for him. They called Ryan as he was approaching Glasgow and asked him to turn the car around.

So he’s driven back down the road again and that one’s now history.

It is frustrating but that’s football. Someone once told me you should never get carried away with a signing until the signature is on the paper. That one is probably the closest I’ve ever come before having it taken away.

Ryan is gone now as far as I’m concerned so it’s on to the next one.

We’ve still got a couple of deals pretty much done but where we are in the food chain means we’re in the hands of other clubs. The whole thing relies on certain business getting done higher up the chain and when it does, a chain reaction follows and players are allowed to move on.