Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

1 minute ago, Doakes said:

I hate that formation, so I'm hoping we don't go with it :lol:

4-2-3-1

4-4-2

4-5-1

In order of my preference. 3 at the back always seems a bit awkward 

3 CB's is fine if you have the right wingbacks . . . and the right wide midfielders . . . . and a CF, 2nd F, midfielders and Winger who rattles in the goals . . . :turtle

6 hours ago, Sonny said:

I know the New Club want him out on loan. Maybe our chances are slim however he would be a great addition if we got him.

And I doubt we would get Ralston however he was injured against Airdrie and will miss playing us at least.

Cheers sonny that is what I had heard . . . 

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Never mind Tony Ralston. We should brass neck it and ask for Johnny Hayes....genuinely versatile on either wing and so far out of the picture at Celtic that he must be looking to get some sort of move to play football.

How is his fitness though - he did have a big injury ? Though understand your thinking with them having signed a number of competitors in his position.

The fit Hayes we used to see would be an asset to us of course . :)

7 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

How is his fitness though - he did have a big injury ? Though understand your thinking with them having signed a number of competitors in his position.

The fit Hayes we used to see would be an asset to us of course . :)

Quite the opposite of him being miles out the picture as I first thought, he's featured in 4 of their last 7 games and been on the bench every game since September.

Surely now though he's going to be forced down the pecking order given they've signed Weah and Burke and are trying to get this Ukranian guy

Edited by djchapsticks

13 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Never mind Tony Ralston. We should brass neck it and ask for Johnny Hayes....genuinely versatile on either wing and so far out of the picture at Celtic that he must be looking to get some sort of move to play football.

I don’t think asking for Hayes would be brass necking it. Said previously, if Morgan isn’t/won’t come then we should ask for Hayes. I don’t see him getting any game time at Parkhead, and he’d be a cert to start for us. At least ask the question.

8 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

I don’t think asking for Hayes would be brass necking it. Said previously, if Morgan isn’t/won’t come then we should ask for Hayes. I don’t see him getting any game time at Parkhead, and he’d be a cert to start for us. At least ask the question.

Hayes would be a good signing.  

Certainly worth asking. 

The way I see it, because St Mirren won’t be in the “elite” league, our young guys will be playing poorer quality opposition. Over time the poorer quality will not do much to aid the development of our players than if they had the opportunity to take on some of the better sides.

So the better players will benefit from playing better quality opposition then?

I hate that formation, so I'm hoping we don't go with it :lol:
4-2-3-1
4-4-2
4-5-1
In order of my preference. 3 at the back always seems a bit awkward 

But 3 central defenders is what we’ve been waiting playing and I can’t see us going to a flat back 4 with Ferdinand in the side.

As for the formation, it was the formation used by Tom Hendrie and Gus Macpherson to win the First Division!

3 CB's is fine if you have the right wingbacks . . . and the right wide midfielders . . . . and a CF, 2nd F, midfielders and Winger who rattles in the goals . . . :turtle

That’s at least 12 positions you’ve named there and we need to play a goalie as well.

It’s a good idea and would certainly give us an advantage.

Just need to hope the opposition don’t notice!

50 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Is it just us linked with Paul Smyth? And are we still interested? 

Everyone who is in the know is keeping quiet - and good on them.  :thumbs2

My guess is he is still a possibility, but we want someone even better up front . . but will we get him or either or both ?  :turtle

12 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

But 3 central defenders is what we’ve been waiting playing and I can’t see us going to a flat back 4 with Ferdinand in the side.

As for the formation, it was the formation used by Tom Hendrie and Gus Macpherson to win the First Division!

I would drop Baird and go with a back 4 of Hodson/McGinn Popescu Ferdinand & Erhahon. Baird backup if Ferdinand isn't fit

The Baird lovers won't like this but I really think he causes a lot of our problems 

Edited by Doakes

11 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

My guess is he is still a possibility, but we want someone even better up front . . but will we get him or either or both ?  :turtle

My guess is we have competition for him...

15 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Is it just us linked with Paul Smyth? And are we still interested? 

15 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Ye, we don't want anyone to know we're interested or not. :rolleyes: