Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

45 minutes ago, Buddie-Boy said:

The reliable McG over on Pie & Bovril says to expect a striker and a centre-half next.

We all know a striker is the highest priority right now, maybe even two - are either ready to go over the line yet though? Not sure they will be today . . . it is too quiet for my liking.

Centre-half is a bit puzzling.... more likely MacK going out if it is true . . 

RB also on the list though . . .   mmm   :turtle

We all know a striker is the highest priority right now, maybe even two - are either ready to go over the line yet though? Not sure they will be today . . . it is too quiet for my liking.
Sammon and Boyd ? Not sure about another CH, but what do I know.
I trust OK (and Gus, Jimmy, Rice, etc, etc..)

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

The highest priority should be a defensive midfielder then a striker.  if yesterday told us anything its McGinn and Tansey wont do it against a half decent team.. its the wrong mix. We really need to start picking up points instead of hoping Dundee and Hamilton keep losing.  Remember how young Stevie Mallan really struggled till Jack brought in Stephen McGinn. it transformed young Stevie.  McGinn needs the right type of player in now, someone prepared to do the dirty work and that's not Tansey.  there must be a Lexy  Aber or Goodie out there somewhere....  A Gus Macpherson kind of player.  you know the type i mean Gus :death 

11 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

The highest priority should be a defensive midfielder then a striker.  if yesterday told us anything its McGinn and Tansey wont do it against a half decent team.. its the wrong mix. We really need to start picking up points instead of hoping Dundee and Hamilton keep losing.  Remember how young Stevie Mallan really struggled till Jack brought in Stephen McGinn. it transformed young Stevie.  McGinn needs the right type of player in now, someone prepared to do the dirty work and that's not Tansey.  there must be a Lexy  Aber or Goodie out there somewhere....  A Gus Macpherson kind of player.  you know the type i mean Gus :death 

Tansey has played what 3 games with us now - after a long lay-off. I don't think we have seen the best of him yet by any means.

I do understand where you are coming from though... 

1 minute ago, Sweeper07 said:

Tansey has played what 3 games with us now - after a long lay-off. I don't think we have seen the best of him yet by any means.

I do understand where you are coming from though... 

I dont think we have seen the best of him either far from it.  but hes not the type of player that we having been crying out for all season. am hoping when he gets match fit we will have really good player here Sweeper.

3 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

Agree with this. Up front we have a good striker in Jackson, with the newer players able to get the ball to his feet more, we seen him do really well yesterday, especially in the first half. Cooke and Mullen aren’t brilliant backups but they’ll do for now, Mullen is a good sub option against a tired defence and Cooke gives us a different option and style of play. Defensive midfielder is desperately needed. Our defence have no protection, and we have no one there to take control and stamp their authority the way Snuggie and Goody used to, or even Gary Mason who did a lot of the dirty work you don’t often appreciate until you realise your missing it. For me, this was our gaping hole yesterday. We’ve had issues at left back (I won’t blame Ethan as he’s done well filling in), hopefully Muzek will sort that out.

1 minute ago, Sweeper07 said:

Did someone drive up the road to stay in Paisley tonight with a view to signing a contract? Will there be an unveiling tomorrow? Fingers, Toes and Legs crossed  . . .:ninja

Waiting to hear what letters we are short off. Keep us posted ?  :turtle

No but someone flew up from Heathrow and are staying at the Holiday Inn. What are the chances of that??

9 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Did someone drive up the road to stay in Paisley tonight with a view to signing a contract? Will there be an unveiling tomorrow? Fingers, Toes and Legs crossed  . . .:ninja

Waiting to hear what letters we are short off. Keep us posted ?  :turtle

I'll let you know if I hear anything. 

Edit: won't hear today, he's out the office all day so can't check. He's got a shite sense of priorities, if you ask me.

Edited by Magic Monkey

2 minutes ago, Jrok said:

look forward to the next season documentary on netflix.

I'm genuinely excited about it :lol:

Will be very interesting to see the 'inside' view of the effect Ross has there. Especially as it's no secret he's got the crowds back again.

Edited by Magic Monkey

7 minutes ago, RossCSmfc said:

Haitian striker Duckens Nazon being linked - Turkish teams also in for him.. 

Hmm. He has decent stats. He scored 6 in 21 on loan at Coventry, and 6 in 16 on loan at Oldham in the past couple of years.

If the rumour hots up at all, I still know people who cover Coventry games so I can get the lowdown.

Edit: article link below from last week:

image.png.af5a289c4bd010a3b884dd43c7135cc5.png

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/transfer-news/former-coventry-city-favourite-duckens-15722467

Edited by Magic Monkey

10 hours ago, DougJamie said:

No but someone flew up from Heathrow and are staying at the Holiday Inn. What are the chances of that??

What's your point - are they here to sign or are you just having a poke at a fellow Buddie.

You jelous you have nothing to offer but this?   :bounce2