Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

1 hour ago, elvis said:

This club is a joke we deserve to go down A two bob outfit.

Toys out the pram statements!

Dee have made loads of signings - but how many of them would we have wanted? How many of the 8 that we have signed will prove better than theirs?

Hamilton have signed 3 forwards but have the worst goals against in the Premiership.

Try and see that not everything is negative - it will cheer your life up no end...  :D

1 minute ago, Sweeper07 said:

Toys out the pram statements!

Dee have made loads of signings - but how many of them would we have wanted? How many of the 8 that we have signed will prove better than theirs?

Hamilton have signed 3 forwards but have the worst goals against in the Premiership.

Try and see that not everything is negative - it will cheer your life up no end...  :D

Nelson and Curran provide more strength in depth than we have.

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Nelson and Curran provide more strength in depth than we have.

Take your point - I did ask the question  :rolleyes:

Curran is out injured with a hamstring issue I believe  . .  but out of the 9 they have brought in, only these 2 , is a good thing. :cheers

Further though,  if we get or had got who we targeted then I think we would not be even counting these 2 either.  :spud6

Who knows who we will pick up in the next few hours and post window - another guy with the impact of Hammill and we will all cheer up a lot. :guinness

2 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Take your point - I did ask the question  :rolleyes:

Curran is out injured with a hamstring issue I believe  . .  but out of the 9 they have brought in, only these 2 , is a good thing. :cheers

Further though,  if we get or had got who we targeted then I think we would not be even counting these 2 either.  :spud6

Who knows who we will pick up in the next few hours and post window - another guy with the impact of Hammill and we will all cheer up a lot. :guinness

Hammill's impact was to get injured and flatter to deceive for about 5 or 6 weeks before getting started. We no longer have the luxury to carry that sort of a start.

I'd really rather avoid we were looking about the FT market for guys like Stefan Scougall who gradually get less and less fit as the weeks drift by.

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Hammill's impact was to get injured and flatter to deceive for about 5 or 6 weeks before getting started. We no longer have the luxury to carry that sort of a start.

I'd really rather avoid we were looking about the FT market for guys like Stefan Scougall who gradually get less and less fit as the weeks drift by.

Me too.   But there may well be some who are better than him.

There is always a chance with whoever comes in that they will take some time to get up and running.

This is the issue with our current circumstances 8 new faces - but Dee are in the same boat with 9 - 2 of which are injured already.  :ph34r:

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

He scored twice on his 3rd start after coming back from injury (which was unforeseen and hardly his fault)!

I'll take the luxury of that sort of start anytime!

3 hours ago, nedflanders123 said:

Based on what? You have no idea what is going on behind the scenes at the club. We struggle to compete financially with most top clubs and this is the Jan window where it is far more difficult to get players in and there is less to attract.  For all we know the management have been working flat out to bring their targets in but have been unsuccessful. Remember some on here have said it's best for the club not to publicly say who they are attempting to get in having been burnt in the past by another club offering more.

Claiming the club is a joke and deserve to go down just adds to your constant negative postings.  

well said Ned ...scrumdiddlyumptious  in fact.:lol: