Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

3 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

A GOOD TEAM should not have a player stuck in one spot. The entire team needs to cover when a player charges up the park - we need to think offensively and defensively and get the balance right. So sometimes Stephen will go up - he does score on occasion, but Tansey or another midfielder should be looking to cover him, especially on a loss of possession

A good team might not but we are fecking rotten....shows u have very little football knowledge when it comes to playing to the players abilitys and teams strenghts...and tell that to Brendan Rogers and Scott Brown who plays in one position and is outstanding at it...i take it you never played game at any decent level?

Edited by gstretchuk

41 minutes ago, gstretchuk said:

A good team might not but we are fecking rotten....shows u have very little football knowledge when it comes to playing to the players abilitys and teams strenghts...and tell that to Brendan Rogers and Scott Brown who plays in one position and is outstanding at it...i take it you never played game at any decent level?

I may have mentioned this on a few occasions but I played alongside Alex McLeish at school and between us we went on to win 77 caps for Scotland. 

4 hours ago, gstretchuk said:

Shull in another of his aliases (asses). 

We are a different team who are bringing on board new players tonight - so you have no idea if we will be rotten and Rome wasn't built in a day . . .

So go on then tell me which one position Scott Brown plays - is it Central M, Defensive M, ?or Creative + goal scoring M ? Or does he sometimes do all 3 because he has cover from his team mates?

Ha ha decent level - definitely higher than the taxi drivers 5 - aside kick about anyway - a lot higher . . .

PS it is you that is highlighted . . . :ninja

Edited by Sweeper07
+ goal scoring

2 hours ago, gstretchuk said:

Let's hear who you played for then. :lol:

When you say stuff like this to put down another poster you'd better have a track record of having played in the Premiership in England and not just a couple of sub appearances for Cowdenbeath.

Edited by oaksoft

1 hour ago, magnus said:

I may have mentioned this on a few occasions but I played alongside Alex McLeish at school and between us we went on to win 77 caps for Scotland. 

I worked for a while with a guy who claimed to have played in the same teams as Aly McCoist for a number of years - I cautiously wondered how good he was until one day we played a works match with me. He and the other guy who was shouting about having been on trial with Wolves were absolutely the worst, uncoordinated guys I had ever seen on a football park...

I bet you were better than that . . 

4 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

I worked for a while with a guy who claimed to have played in the same teams as Aly McCoist for a number of years - I cautiously wondered how good he was until one day we played a works match with me. He and the other guy who was shouting about having been on trial with Wolves were absolutely the worst, uncoordinated guys I had ever seen on a football park...

I bet you were better than that . . 

The older I get the faster I ran as a youth.

1 hour ago, magnus said:

The older I get the faster I ran as a youth.

Story of my life, these days.

Thinking I  was running reasonably well currently, I went on a wee circuit I used to do in the days when I was running at my best/tapering for a marathon.  To test myself.

I was pleased with how I was feeling as I ran the course.  Checked my time at the end...

Best I ever did was 17.5 minutes - today it was 27minutes!  :(

Fair enough, there are a couple of hills on it and today was very muddy/slippery on twisting trails in the forest, but... I definitely ran it VERY fast as a yoof….

3 minutes ago, antrin said:

Story of my life, these days.

Thinking I  was running reasonably well currently, I went on a wee circuit I used to do in the days when I was running at my best/tapering for a marathon.  To test myself.

I was pleased with how I was feeling as I ran the course.  Checked my time at the end...

Best I ever did was 17.5 minutes - today it was 27minutes!  :(

Fair enough, there are a couple of hills on it and today was very muddy/slippery on twisting trails in the forest, but... I definitely ran it VERY fast as a yoof….

At least you are still doing it bud.

2 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Yip seems to be the desire of most Saints fans . . .   I would not be surprised if it is not also true for our management team too . . . :ninja

Might be more need now that McGinn has injured his hamstring. I've said before, what he brings to the team will only be obvious when he's not playing. Hopefully Tansey or young Ethan can step up to the mark.

8 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Might be more need now that McGinn has injured his hamstring. I've said before, what he brings to the team will only be obvious when he's not playing. Hopefully Tansey or young Ethan can step up to the mark.

I fear that a central midfield of Tansey and Ethan is far too lightweight. If that is what we go with, I hope I'm proved wrong. 

Badly need Magennis back as an option. Agree we need a tough as nails no nonsense midfielder who will run through brick walls for us. Are we relying on injured players returning rather than spending? I thought Hodson done a rather good sweeper job behind midfield second half Vs Alloa. Similar minded player needed for that role?

When we lose possession we seem to be all over the place with big gaps forming in the centre of the park. 

Edited by kevo_smfc

2 hours ago, kevo_smfc said:

Badly need Magennis back as an option. Agree we need a tough as nails no nonsense midfielder who will run through brick walls for us. Are we relying on injured players returning rather than spending? I thought Godson done a rather good sweeper job behind midfield second half Vs Alloa. Similar minded player needed for that role?

When we lose possession we seem to be all over the place with big gaps forming in the centre of the park. 

I thought God's son  was a keeper - old joke I know   "Jesus saves".

I agree that is what OK was planning on having Hodson as our DM (not a sweeper), but he got injured. 

I do think Magennis fit could play this well, but he is also creative. It needs to be someone fast and hard - and who is not up the park when they counter attack ! :spud7

Edited by Sweeper07