Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

2 hours ago, kevo_smfc said:

Badly need Magennis back as an option. Agree we need a tough as nails no nonsense midfielder who will run through brick walls for us. Are we relying on injured players returning rather than spending? I thought Hodson done a rather good sweeper job behind midfield second half Vs Alloa. Similar minded player needed for that role?

When we lose possession we seem to be all over the place with big gaps forming in the centre of the park. 

I fear we may not see Kyle for a while. :mellow:

Where is Cammy McPherson? He is not listed as injured but is not featuring. I really rate this young guy in midfield and would have him play before the likes of Tansey.
He was injured a couple of weeks back. Not sure what the situation is now.

3 hours ago, Jack the lad said:

Training or trying to is one thing playing is something totally different.

Positive spin and all that but hope.

I may be wrong though.B)

Not positive spin at all.

Just stating a fact.<_<

Edited by FTOF

1 hour ago, eastlandssaint said:

No problem with being linked to players for the summer transfer window... Gus is still working and that is within his role.

IT would be good to hear that there is still a possibility of 1 more in during this closed period though.

Suppose if the choices are not good enough there is no point - but if we could pinch someone who could have an impact like Hammill, then that would be splendid.

Guess it might depend on how our injured players are coming on too.   :ninja

12 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

No problem with being linked to players for the summer transfer window... Gus is still working and that is within his role.

IT would be good to hear that there is still a possibility of 1 more in during this closed period though.

Suppose if the choices are not good enough there is no point - but if we could pinch someone who could have an impact like Hammill, then that would be splendid.

Guess it might depend on how our injured players are coming on too.   :ninja

Sadly, I think the odds of ever signing someone out of contract as good as Adam Hammill turned out to be are very slim. Probably a once-in-lifetime freak occurrence, that.

4 hours ago, Magic Monkey said:

Sadly, I think the odds of ever signing someone out of contract as good as Adam Hammill turned out to be are very slim. Probably a once-in-lifetime freak occurrence, that.

It is not about the odds - it is about getting the right ones in, window open or closed. There are players we have managed to get in previously that seemed unlikely but turned out to be ace.

Guys like Harry Davis, Will Haining, Esmael Goncalves and I am sure we could all add in some others. 

This time already it looks like Hladky, Popescu and possibly Muzek and the Duck are really good. If we could get one more in who would improve us as a team, I suspect we would all be delighted. (apart from the trolls) :ninja

4 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

It is not about the odds - it is about getting the right ones in, window open or closed. There are players we have managed to get in previously that seemed unlikely but turned out to be ace.

Guys like Harry Davis, Will Haining, Esmael Goncalves and I am sure we could all add in some others. 

This time already it looks like Hladky, Popescu and possibly Muzek and the Duck are really good. If we could get one more in who would improve us as a team, I suspect we would all be delighted. (apart from the trolls) :ninja

Pessimism seems to be infectious.

I have been vacinated against it.

So has Tony F.

On 2/14/2019 at 5:21 PM, turrabuddie said:
On 2/7/2019 at 11:59 PM, Ethan said:
Hope we get a proper no nonsense centre midfielder

Charlie Adam

Great attacking maverick but possibly one of the worst tacklers I have seen play midfield and it's a non nonsense ball winning tackler we are crying out for.