Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

1 hour ago, linwood bud said:

Don’t think he is being released as such, think he isn’t signing a new deal

He only played in 19 of their League games this season, (about 1/2 of what he managed in the previous year) and although he has played for them 139 times in total for them, he has scored only 1 goal. I know he is a defender, but we don't need more players who cannot contribute to our goals for tally - maybe except a goalie...

Let's watch and see who snaps him up - Dee Utd went for Smith instead?

I doubt he will sign for a Premiership side...

1 minute ago, RossCSmfc said:

Williamson is an excellent player - think he’s had some injuries to deal with this season but by a long way Dunfermline’s best player. 

Wouldnt mind us having a look.

Maybe they cant afford him ? 

A lot of Championship clubs will be cutting back big time over the summer

4 hours ago, RossCSmfc said:

Williamson is an excellent player - think he’s had some injuries to deal with this season but by a long way Dunfermline’s best player. 

Wouldnt mind us having a look.

HE is not better than Paul McGinn, Hodson, Muzek or Corbu - is he ?

And if he is having injuries - what is the issue - we would not want to sign more players who struggle for fitness..

23 hours ago, saintargyll said:

I think the boy Trafford from ICT would be a great addition to our midfield next season

16 hours ago, Spam_Valley said:

Contracted until May 2020. Would need to pay a fee and can't see us doing that for someone so mediocre. 

No chance we will be in for Trafford. What about the striker Jordan White - 13 goals this season, but I think he has scored more of them in the later half of the season as he has grown in confidence. . .?   ANSWERS AWAITED . . .:bounce2

On 5/7/2019 at 6:50 PM, Sweeper07 said:

HE is not better than Paul McGinn, Hodson, Muzek or Corbu - is he ?

And if he is having injuries - what is the issue - we would not want to sign more players who struggle for fitness..

Williamson was out for two months early in the season with injury hence limited appearances (but played most if not all Pars games since end of October). Last season he was a standout with the Pars and by far their best player. Capped at U21 level. However he is a right back and we have Paul McGinn there with decent backup. But Williamson is a good player who won't have trouble finding a club.

Edit to Add: Signed for Partick Thistle.

Edited by Sonny

I would happily take a punt on him on a years contract. Clinical finisher with presence in the air. Think he would link up well with Mullen. Haven't seen enough forward partnership play this season and Oran needs to find a pair that will gel and work together.

3 minutes ago, MWISAINT71 said:

It is hard to imagine that Celtic would let him go, but they are more in the know than we are about how he is doing.

I think his issues boil over and effect his character, but he can score goals at a level we would be lucky to have in a striker at this level.

If he is available, the chances of him coming to us is less than 0.05 % I suspect... could we pay a wage that he would be happy with? :spud6

That is why I was suggesting Jordan White . . . :guinness

Just now, Ethan said:

Would already be our player had Killie not pulled the deal at last minute in January. 

I for one am glad we did not get him - I don't think he did a lot for them from January on (11 league games and one league goal)

He was good in his day, but his day is passed...

• 2 weeks later...

Yeh, noticed this tonight. Apparently they have a bit of cash behind them.
Suggesting that some Championship sides are tracking him too. He’s been phenomenal for us since he arrived, so it’s inevitable that he’ll create interest from other clubs. Good that we’ve got him signed for next season, but won’t be surprised if he gets some good offers.

1 hour ago, Balmullo Bud said:

Yeh, noticed this tonight. Apparently they have a bit of cash behind them.
Suggesting that some Championship sides are tracking him too. He’s been phenomenal for us since he arrived, so it’s inevitable that he’ll create interest from other clubs. Good that we’ve got him signed for next season, but won’t be surprised if he gets some good offers.

Have you seen his wiki page? 

Václav Hladký (born 14 November 1990 in Brno) is a Czech football player who currently plays for Scottish Premiership side St Mirren. He has previously played for Slovan Liberec, and has represented his country at youth level up to under-20.[1]

Hladký signed for St Mirren on an 18-month deal in January 2019.he also made multiple Dundee United fans cry saving 3 pens to send the Arabs back to where they belong[2]