Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

If we get a big transfer fee for Hladky then already the #Moneyball strategy is paying off. Long may it continue - or at least until we don't need to be a selling club any more. 

He is an all-time club legend already and I hope he stays, but we might be fighting forces beyond our control here.

24 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

If we get a big transfer fee for Hladky then already the #Moneyball strategy is paying off. Long may it continue - or at least until we don't need to be a selling club any more. 

He is an all-time club legend already and I hope he stays, but we might be fighting forces beyond our control here.

It's also about building up relationships with agents that will enable us to get access to decent players . Would like us to keep our keeper . But if he is sold on , then that should be seen as part of the plan . That said , he shouldn't be sold for peanuts.

1 hour ago, MenstrieSaint said:

It's also about building up relationships with agents that will enable us to get access to decent players . Would like us to keep our keeper . But if he is sold on , then that should be seen as part of the plan . That said , he shouldn't be sold for peanuts.

Agree re the peanuts thing. Surely - surely - if this is our stated strategy then we'll be playing hardball when it comes to selling fees? 

2 hours ago, pod said:

Did you mean a lower, lower level

I don't know - I only heard that he was planning to keep playing. I doubt he will get a Premiership gig or a Dee gig though if he does continue to play. 

Edited by Sweeper07

Not a rumour, but see that the Dundee fullback Nathan Ralph is exercising a relegation clause to leave. About the only player in their side that impressed me
There will be plenty disappointed Dee fans if that os correct. Reading their posts on P&B over recent weeks it seems he's about the only player they'd like to keep for next season

1 hour ago, madball said:

Not a rumour, but see that the Dundee fullback Nathan Ralph is exercising a relegation clause to leave. About the only player in their side that impressed me

Yes definitely agree. I would consider Scott Wright too but he is a Don. The rest were mince....

Yes definitely agree. I would consider Scott Wright too but he is a Don. The rest were mince....
Looked OK in flashes, definitely a player there but suspect Aberdeen will want to keep. Cammy Kerr looked decent in last game but might want to stay and Dundee given he supports club

12 minutes ago, Transfer news said:

Would happily take a punt on Gael Bigirimana . Brilliant player for Well and never given a chance at Hibs, free agent now. Definitely Premiership quality.

Absolutely. He's still quite young, very tenacious as well. Reckon there would be competition for him from likes of St. Johnstone and maybe even Killie.

1 hour ago, Transfer news said:

Would happily take a punt on Gael Bigirimana . Brilliant player for Well and never given a chance at Hibs, free agent now. Definitely Premiership quality.

Gael Bigirimana is a Burundian footballer who came through Coventry City's youth system and who was very well know to a friend of mine who at the time was an advocate for some Burundian groups within Coventry.  At that time Gael really DID look like the next big thing (and so I have followed his progress to see if he could step up to the big stage).  I suppose the answer is, not quite, anyway I just spoke to my friend who is still connected to the Burundians  and asked what the score was with him? Had he heard anything ?        Long story short, was not recently; but that he understood that Gael and Saido Berahino (another local Burundian lad had both been taken under the wing of some female agent based in London, which would appear not to have worked to well.  My thoughts are that if he could get anywhere near playing the way he did back then .he would be worth a punt

10 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Gael Bigirimana is a Burundian footballer who came through Coventry City's youth system and who was very well know to a friend of mine who at the time was an advocate for some Burundian groups within Coventry.  At that time Gael really DID look like the next big thing (and so I have followed his progress to see if he could step up to the big stage).  I suppose the answer is, not quite, anyway I just spoke to my friend who is still connected to the Burundians  and asked what the score was with him? Had he heard anything ?        Long story short, was not recently; but that he understood that Gael and Saido Berahino (another local Burundian lad had both been taken under the wing of some female agent based in London, which would appear not to have worked to well.  My thoughts are that if he could get anywhere near playing the way he did back then .he would be worth a punt

Personally I would try to get the guy Motherwell signed on loan to replace him Gboly Ariyobi - by the later stages of the season he was full of confidence and creativity...        If Well could afford him why not us?  (I just remembered, they got money for Hastie)